Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: E0623464B717-0628226384
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Instructional video

Post by RoxanaPS »

Is there a video that shows how to do the physical wiring for "Hardware Axis Pairing with Relay Autosquaring". I have watched the video called "How to Configure Centroid Acorn Wizard for Router Gantry Autosquaring". But I obviously I need to do the wiring first though in order for that video to be relevant. I know the manual shows a schematic of the wiring but I can't read and follow that. I need a "video for dummies" on how to do the wiring. Yes, I am that stupid. BUT, I am capable of learning once it is explained to me. Thanks for any help.
RoxanaPS
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Re: Instructional video

Post by RoxanaPS »

I watched this video: , although it does not give any instruction on wiring. It does show a PDF file to download. So I did. I followed the PDF instructions and watched the video several times. I wired everything as directed in the PDF and now none of my Home Switches show any activity at all. I can press on the limit switch with my finger and the DRO gives no indication at all about the limit switch being activated. The odd thing is that the PDF says to hook up 3 wires to the DB25 board but I have my drives connected to the terminals, I do not use the DB25 board. The PDF says to hook 3 limit switches to IN1 and the salveHome switch to IN2. I the relay inputs set as directed in the video and the limit switches are set to NC. When I try to home the machine the Z axis goes up and tries to keep going past the limit switch because the switches are not registering. Can anyone pleas help? Thank you.
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

post a fresh report.zip so we can see your setup. otherwise we would just be guessing at the issue
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
RoxanaPS

Post by RoxanaPS »

Thanks. I will do that once I attempt it again. I restored all my previous wiring and settings. It was just getting too frustrating.
RoxanaPS

Post by RoxanaPS »

cnckeith wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:16 pm post a fresh report.zip so we can see your setup. otherwise we would just be guessing at the issue
Hello. Here is a fresh report form a few minutes ago. I watched the video again a couple times and read the entire PDF. I printed out the PDF and went step by step in front of my CNC computer with Acron running. I followed all the prompts and did the restarts as directed. I jumped the EN2 and EN4 connections. I measured and offset the Y axes from each other. I made all the selections in the Wizard as instructed. It homes the Z no problem, it homes the X no problem, it starts the Y homing but at one point it says it is moving the Y axis but the Y axis is not moving at all. I let it run on a third attempt and the DRO says that the Y axis moved over 24 inches but in reality it did not move at all. I can reverse everything I did to go back to my normal homing setup and the machine runs fine and homes just fine. I hope the report tells you something.
Attachments
report_E0623464B717-0628226384_2024-04-20_14-49-57.zip
(958.98 KiB) Not downloaded yet
RoxanaPS

Post by RoxanaPS »

I forgot to mention. I did notice that when the homing operation says it is moving the Y asis but it isn’t actually moving at all, the Y1 and Y1 to are not powered. I can freely move both sides with my hand but the DRO indicates that the Y is moving. But it isn’t. Also, every time I start the homing operation and then I ultimately have to cancel it because the Y axis is not moving. When I go into the wizard, all of my software travel limits have been set to zero. I never have them set to zero so I know that something zeroed them out. And access pairing says not paired in reverse direction says no under the axis pairing tab. And of course hi do have it set to pairing access to access two and I do click yes to reverse direction but after I do the homing operation it changes all that again every single time. So it changes access pairing to not paired it changes reverse direction the fourth axis motor to know and zero out all of my software travel limits, even though I literally type them in by hand, obviously so all of that gets changed every time I run the sequence. it never changes back unless I do it manually.