CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Delta ASDA-B2 ACORN WIRING INFORMATION

Post by usinart »

Hi All
I am currently retrofitting a servo motor, from Chinese to American (Chinese to Delta asda-b2).
First thing, the connection diagram is wrong because the B2 has a 50 pin and probably the A2 has a 44 pin to see with centroid.
I need to know how I should connect my Acorn to my servo. With screw connections or with the DB25 connector.
Thank you all !

je suis presentement a un retro fit de servo moteur , de chinois a americain (chinois a Delta asda-b2).
Premier chose les schema de branchement son errone car le B2 a un 50 pins et probablement le A2 un 44 pins a voir avec centroid.
Moi j'ai besoin de savoir comment je dois brancher mes servo a acorn . Avec les branchement a vis ou avec le connecteur DB25 .
Merci a tous
centroid467
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC12: No

Re: Delta ASDA-B2 ACORN WIRING INFORMATION

Post by centroid467 »

Hello,
You should connect the Delta ASDA-B2 drive with the screw terminals as shown in schematic S15102.

I will ask about correcting the number of pins on the connector in the drawing.
usinart
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes

Post by usinart »

Sorry my mistake
the screw are on the acorn board.See picture .
and a other thing , when I start the cnc 12 the drive start to move a if the want to home even the cnc12 is not remove from big red button .
A warning appere as my limite switch are all trigger . Oh a clarification the home automatic in to the setup of cnc12 is off.
thanks
alain roy
Last edited by usinart on Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

post a fresh report.zip so we can see your configuration. defeat limits if you have them defined and not connected.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
usinart

Post by usinart »

latest report from my router
Attachments
report_E415F6F138CC-1119204064_2024-04-16_08-31-56.zip
(835.02 KiB) Downloaded 4 times
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

ok cool. please install v5.08 or better yet v5.1 release candidate #6
https://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic. ... 632#p86632

in you current version
open the wizard press CTRL P and save the pdf to the desktop.
then install the new version of CNC12 following the guidance in the setup document.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
usinart

Post by usinart »

my delta drive are working ok . with the delta cable I'm able to change speed and jog direction .
the communicatiion delta drive with centroid acorn that is not working at all.
I use the acorn wiring for the asda-b2 (by the way it has a 50 pins on the b2 model ).
it been a week that is going around and nothing !
Thanks you
Alain Roy
Attachments
report_E415F6F138CC-1119204064_2024-04-18_12-58-18.zip
(902.34 KiB) Downloaded 1 time
centroid467
Acorn CNC Controller: No
CNC12: No

Post by centroid467 »

What exact model ASDA-B2 drives do you have? It will say on the nameplate sticker. Please post a picture of the connector and nameplate sticker if you can.

I am curious because all of Delta's documentation for ASD-B2-xxxx-B (standard spec) drives shows a 44 pin CN1 connector. The ASD-B2-xxxx-F spec has a 15 pin CN1. There also appears to be an ASD-B2L series that I cannot find any documentation for.

There may be a difference in parameter functions between the different types. If I had any guess at all, somehow the drives may have the internal motion planning system commanding motion once power is applied. Or, it may be configured to automatically do some kind of homing routine.

It seems more likely to me than the Acorn sending pulses without receiving any kind of input to do so. You can verify that the Acorn is not sending pulses by observing the step outputs with an oscilloscope or multimeter. You'd be able to directly see the pulses with the oscilloscope. If using a multimeter, look for a DC voltage that is somewhere between ~1 volt and ~22 volts.
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

centroid467 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:10 pm What exact model ASDA-B2 drives do you have? It will say on the nameplate sticker. Please post a picture of the connector and nameplate sticker if you can.

I am curious because all of Delta's documentation for ASD-B2-xxxx-B (standard spec) drives shows a 44 pin CN1 connector. The ASD-B2-xxxx-F spec has a 15 pin CN1. There also appears to be an ASD-B2L series that I cannot find any documentation for.

There may be a difference in parameter functions between the different types. If I had any guess at all, somehow the drives may have the internal motion planning system commanding motion once power is applied. Or, it may be configured to automatically do some kind of homing routine.

It seems more likely to me than the Acorn sending pulses without receiving any kind of input to do so. You can verify that the Acorn is not sending pulses by observing the step outputs with an oscilloscope or multimeter. You'd be able to directly see the pulses with the oscilloscope. If using a multimeter, look for a DC voltage that is somewhere between ~1 volt and ~22 volts.
exactly, we need photos and always perform a factory reset of the delta parameters then go set them.

enter delta asda software and perform a factory reset of the parameters.

confirm factory reset.

enter acorn delta parameters
confirm correct parameters

jog motor with asda software.

power cycle delta drive.

then test with Acorn
usinart

Post by usinart »

cnckeith wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:02 pm
centroid467 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:10 pm What exact model ASDA-B2 drives do you have? It will say on the nameplate sticker. Please post a picture of the connector and nameplate sticker if you can.

exactly, we need photos and always perform a factory reset of the delta parameters then go set them.

enter delta asda software and perform a factory reset of the parameters.

confirm factory reset.

enter acorn delta parameters
confirm correct parameters

jog motor with asda software.

power cycle delta drive.

then test with Acorn
Attachments
IMG_1322[1].JPG
IMG_1326[1].JPG