Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: DIY cnc router with Acorn and Dyn 4

Post by Richards »

You said that you watched a few of Marty's videos. That's a good start. Watch a lot of them. He's an excellent teacher. I watched many of his videos several times before attempting anything on my own. Gary Campbell and Franco also have great videos. Don't forget about the videos that Keith posts (CNCKeith).

I advise everyone to take their time with bench testing when starting out. I fiddle with the bench test model until I'm sure that I've checked everything, voltage, current, noise, heat and general operation of all components. It's a lot easier to move things around on the bench and to substitute components before you drill and tap holes in the enclosure.

Attached is a photo of my current test setup with some small ClearPath servos. The bench just a piece of 2' X 2' particle board mounted on an 80/20 frame. The whole thing sits on top of a card table. One thing that I've learned is that if I plan to use cable duct inside the enclosure, to use cable duct on the test bench. That way, if there's electrical noise caused by running wires through the same duct, it will show up on the test bench.
TB-1.jpg
-Mike Richards
Panovak
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by Panovak »

Good advice Richards, Thank you. By the way I see you are over in the mechmate forum as well. Just put 2 and 2 together on that!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/th6rUqavMVn2GkNa9 - Ill have images posted here
Panovak

Post by Panovak »

Hi guys,
I have a question regarding some of the components in the dmm schematic for dyn4 power supply. Is it normal to have each drive get two EMI filters? Ill have 5 drives so there will be 10 EMI filters in my cabinet. Ive yet to see another cabinet with more than one.
Attachments
dyn 4 power schematic.pdf
(64.8 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
https://photos.app.goo.gl/th6rUqavMVn2GkNa9 - Ill have images posted here
slodat

Post by slodat »

I have 1a EMI filters for the logic power on each DYN4 and a single input power filter and line reactor sized for the three drives.