Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Clear path Z axis problem update

Post by TheKitMill »

Update on the z axis problem. I replaced all cables power and feedback re wired the brake and sent the z axis motor back to Teknik to be checked. Re installed the motor Auto tune the z Everything went perfect.

Powered up Acorn jogged to home position set home and then tried to move z and it dropped like a rock. I have several other systems wired up delta, Yaskawa, DMM and Yakotec all with brakes and all work as they should. I am used CNC 4PC boards and I I replaced the first board just incase it was a CNC 4PC board problem it does not appear to be the issue. Any suggestions would be helpful

I have it wired per Marty's Video

Attached is current report
TheKitMill
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes

Re: Random teknic Clearpath Z axis Brake Failure when homing

Post by TheKitMill »

Changed all cables, Sent Motor back to be checked, Wired per Marty's Clearpath Video and still have the same Z axis Brake problem

I autotuned Z after getting motor back went perfect. I then restarted the system used simple Home to home the machine after jogging the axis including z the brake released and drive servo energized as expected into position. Homed the machine using simple home. Then attempted to move z axis it dropped like a rock and had to reset the motor to get it to move and power cycle the drive and re home. Any suggestions would be appreciated
TheKitMill

Post by TheKitMill »

Attached is a video of what happens after all axis simple home any attempt to move z cause it to crash. Before homing the brake releases properly and the axis jogs but after its homed any attempt to move z results in free fall of z

TheKitMill

Post by TheKitMill »

X and Y work perfectly it only z that has an issue and only after it is homed

https://youtube.com/shorts/Y7o1A2Xvxek?feature=share
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Is there a fault shown on CNC12? When Z drops? I suspect not because if there was a control fault the brake would lock.

Something is powering down the drive or disabling the drive perhaps?
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
Gary Campbell
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: Yes
Hickory CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn 238
CNC12: Yes

Post by Gary Campbell »

What is the condition of the LED behind the silicone plug on the Z motor when it drops?
GCnC Control
CNC Control & Retrofits
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos
TheKitMill

Post by TheKitMill »

Hi Gary

When the z drops the Led turn from Green to Amber. When i sent the motor back they found nothing wrong with it and it Auto Homes perfectly.

This usually happens after turning on the machine I can then jog all three axis no problem including z the brake releases as it should I then jog. I am using simple Home hit the cycle start and the machine homes as it should. I can then jog x and y no problem z stays put as soon as I try to jog Z the motor is disabled drops like a rock the Z axis brake remains energized. Sometimes I can hit reset twice and the z axis motor is then enabled but I can not jog it up s after the drop The control thinks that the axis is at top of Travel.

I am at a loss. I have brakes on over 15 other systems all work perfectly the Big Red Machine and the other systems are wire the same way.

It has to be something i am missing wiring wise bit I am at a loos as to what?

Thanks for taking a look
TheKitMill

Post by TheKitMill »

Video showing the z jogging pre Home

It enables releases the brake and jogs as it should only after setting home and trying to move z does the z axis disable and free fall the brake remains energized.

https://youtube.com/shorts/Z43xihSFESE

https://youtube.com/shorts/0NbNccK3Da4?feature=share
TheKitMill

Post by TheKitMill »

martyscncgarage wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:09 pm Is there a fault shown on CNC12? When Z drops? I suspect not because if there was a control fault the brake would lock.

Something is powering down the drive or disabling the drive perhaps?
Hi Marty thanks for looking I am at a complete loss as to what could power down the drive and leave the brake energized. I just posted a couple video of it jogging no problem but once it is homed it drops like a rock

I am going to change out the CNC 4PC board again tomorrow and recheck all the wiring. If it did not work at all I might be able to find the problem but the fact that it jogs and energized the Brake just fine before it is home has me baffled.
TheKitMill

Random Clearpath motor Fault Update (It still faults)

Post by TheKitMill »

After rewiring the Router using Clearpath servos, sending the motor back to Teknic returned with not comment I re tune the Z axis and started testing again. I have replaced the CNC4PC board and I am using a Clearpath factory cable and the problem only affects the z axis. The fault still happens randomly I am using Axis 3 brake release on 3 and no fault out on 1 bot work as needed. The motor will turn from green to Amber just sitting there it does not fault while running a program. See attached Video.
But I did discover that if the motor faults usually at start up before homing if I push on the Clearpath cable connected to the feedback side of the motor the fault clears without resetting in Acorn or Power cycling the drive. So it would appear that either the cable or the connection port is bad.
On the plus side when the motor is not faulting the machine cuts great so the Acorn is working well.