Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0216041209
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Fried VFD and Acorn

Post by lilb93 »

https://www.witmermotorservice.com/
They have pretty much any VFD you need and there prices are ok. The best part about them is you can call anytime for technical help and they will walk you thru any problems you have.
And they are the best for motor rebuilding.
Barnesville, PA.

I always thought it would take longer to grow old.
Mmedeiros89
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: C8FD19C6D47A-1109170222
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by Mmedeiros89 »

Hey everyone, thanks for all your advice. I ended up going with the teco 3hp vfd. I'm only pushing 2hp, so I figured it'll be good. My machine is a Precision Matthews pm-30mv. I don't really have space for anything bigger, and for what I need it for, it's heavy enough. I spoke with Centroid, and unfortunately, since the acorn is already so affordable, the cost to repair it, would exceed the price of a whole new one. On a positive note, they were completely cool about letting me keep the pro license. I just have to return the acorn I roasted, and they'll issue me a new license :D Great people! It just sucks I have to wait until next week to get it. Hurry up UPS! :x Thank you all for your help again. I'll be sure to check in with everyone before firing up next time haha
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC12: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Mmedeiros89 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:38 pm Hey everyone, thanks for all your advice. I ended up going with the teco 3hp vfd. I'm only pushing 2hp, so I figured it'll be good. My machine is a Precision Matthews pm-30mv. I don't really have space for anything bigger, and for what I need it for, it's heavy enough. I spoke with Centroid, and unfortunately, since the acorn is already so affordable, the cost to repair it, would exceed the price of a whole new one. On a positive note, they were completely cool about letting me keep the pro license. I just have to return the acorn I roasted, and they'll issue me a new license :D Great people! It just sucks I have to wait until next week to get it. Hurry up UPS! :x Thank you all for your help again. I'll be sure to check in with everyone before firing up next time haha
Well, we all go through the school of hard knocks...some of us more often than others. Chin up, read up on the schematics, ask all the questions in the world.....you'll be happy once you get there! :)
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ