Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Clearpath HLFB connection to relay

Post by arturod »

OK, so you have motion. I suggest you do a test by trying to make the servos fault and verifying that the C86 is seeing the servo fault. If the motors are not hooked up the machine, you can try running them faster than what they can do.

After this, have the ACORN activate the C86. There are two ways of doing this:
- Tie a Relay to the ACORN NO_FAULT signal, and use that NO (Normally Open) contacts of that relay to replace the NO_FAULT jumper you put on the C86. This way, while the ACORN is not seeing a fault, it will keep the C86 active.

- The other way, which may be simpler as it will not require additional wiring, is to leave the NO_FAULT jumper on the C86, and use the ACORN Axis enable signals to enable the C86. For this just move the ACRON Enable signal jumper on the C86 to ON, and the board will start monitoring those signals. You will need to configure the axes enable signals for the axes and may need to change the active high/low of this signal. Keep in mind that the signals activate when you activate the CNC12 and try to move an axis. Note that the current acorn boards have LEDs that show this enable signal on the board.

After this, use the NO contacts of relay on the C86 to interrupt the DriveOK signal going into the acorn board. This way, the CNC12 will be made aware of the fault condition.
Arturo Duncan
https://cnc4pc.com
carbuthn
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by carbuthn »

Arturo,
I have tried that and it doesn't work (C86 doesn't see a fault when a fault is present). I currently have all axis jumpers are in the off position (none are active), the Acorn enable is in the on position, the relay is showing green with no red axis fault LED lite. This allows me to move all three axis.

While adjusting the soft travel limits, I bumped into a hard stop on both the X and Y axis, the Acorn never saw a fault (the input to the Acorn does fault when the input is taken to the negative supply, it works correctly). The axis stopped only because the Clearpath went into shutdown on high torque.

I don't know of anything else to try but to install a PLC (or relays) to monitor the HLFB signals and scrap the C86 board, I don't want to run the machine without a Drive Ok input working correctly.
Thanks,
Chuck
arturod

Post by arturod »

Make sure the jumpers for the axes are set to SOFT Enable.
Arturo Duncan
carbuthn

Post by carbuthn »

Jumpers for the axes are set to SOFT Enable. Jumpers that set the active axis are set to off. Acorn enable is set to on.
DSC_2665.JPG
DSC_2667.JPG
DSC_2668.JPG
This shows the relay status with a drive fault on the X axis.
DSC_2671.JPG
arturod

Post by arturod »

I do not see a problem with your wiring. In the last image, you say it shows the system is active while there is a fault on the X-axis. But you are not showing the fault LED for the X-axis. Your point may be that the X-axis servo is indeed faulting, but the C86 is not seeing the fault. Can you confirm the revision number on your board? Or you can open a ticket on our website so I can identify your purchase the items you are using: https://cnc4pc.com/contact/
Arturo Duncan
carbuthn

Post by carbuthn »

It didn't show the ClearPath fault in the picture because the LED has a white cover over it that when hit by the flash from the camera didn't show up, but it was flashing a yellow code.

The board is the one that you sent to me about a week ago order # 1000040766 it showed as being prepared on 5/19/20 but came in several weeks later. It said Rev. 2 on it.
Chuck
paulwall

Post by paulwall »

For those using the C86ACCP and longer than 10' cables to your motors, how did you go about adding the 1k resistors that Teknic recommends?

Edit: Good call Marty - Find the separate topic here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=4535
Last edited by paulwall on Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

paulwall wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:14 am For those using the C86ACCP and longer than 10' cables to your motors, how did you go about adding the 1k resistors that Teknic recommends?
You should start your own new post...
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ