Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 1030090099
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Trouble setting up Acorn with DG4S-16035 Drivers

Post by frijoli »

I have the C86 board rev 3 I believe and a couple other of his boards. I had issues with the Rev 2. I am not using DG4S drivers though.

My impression is that Arturo is a smart guy, he completely understands the theory when he makes these boards work, but doen't do any kind of testing.
My system works, and I like the look, but it's not that much harder to hard wire, and most of the wiring has to be hard wired anyway.

Keep your chin up! You WILL get this going.
Clay
near Winston-Salem, NC
unofficial ACORN fb group https://www.facebook.com/groups/897054597120437/
geckocycles
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No

Post by geckocycles »

I love all the great optimism you guys have. Keeps me pluggin along for sure.

IT IS WORKING AS IT SHOULD NOW!!!!!!

Story.. THe rev2 86 just didn't work from the start. I hooked up the estop as per drawing and no green light unless I hit the estop. I then hooked up the NC estop to the NC terminal on the 86 and got green light. Made sense to hook up NC stop to NC terminal not the NO and saw a green light.
Arturo asked for wiring photos which I sent and he said don't touch a thing and it was wired up correctly so I left the Estop where it was and when I got the new rev3 86 I left that wiring alone.
I saw on the Acorn forum that someone did not hook up the error wire from the drive to the Acorn. When I took out DriveOK the axis started to move. WHAT A RELIFE so I thought.
Again sent pictures and arturo said nothing about that NC/NO connection, just jump the Fault terminals on the Acorn that are next to the power in. When I did that I was able to put the DriveOK back in IN5 and hook the NC stop to the NO terminal on the 86 and now it all works and I can get the drive to fault if I set steps to 20000 from 1024. NO change in speed if I set "/min above 100 for some reason. On my old control if I set the "/Min past 100 it would fault.

The main issue was that Rev2 86 board being bad, then the NO/NC and jumper for hookup for the Estop and fianlly the jumper on the fault terminal of the Acorn. The instructions I had were for the C86rev2. THere are different instructions for the C86 Rev3 which do mention the Acorn Fault jumper which I out found out about yesterday too.

At least Arturo hung in there with me and I never lost persistence for my 14/7 days of work for 3 months straight, I was close to giving up and buying a complete turn key setup.

Can't find a TecoFM50 diagram for the Acorn. That is next.
Looks like FINALLY I can tear down the Mach4 system. I am confident that the Acorn/C86 will work now with my drives/encoders/motors.

I'm gettin in the hot tub and watch the sun rise! LOL
geckocycles

Post by geckocycles »

WOW. The monitor on my new 17" laptop I got for the Acorn just went total white screen on me. Was able to connect another monitor to it for now.
Ordered a touch screen laptop that benches at about 2370 for $400.

https://www.amazon.com/HP-Detachable-Bu ... vascript.1
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

geckocycles wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:54 am WOW. The monitor on my new 17" laptop I got for the Acorn just went total white screen on me. Was able to connect another monitor to it for now.

Another reason I don't use laptops. Eggs in one basket thing along with proprietary power saving features....
If it's not one thing it's another....
Press on!
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
geckocycles

Post by geckocycles »

martyscncgarage wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:58 am
geckocycles wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:54 am WOW. The monitor on my new 17" laptop I got for the Acorn just went total white screen on me. Was able to connect another monitor to it for now.

Another reason I don't use laptops. Eggs in one basket thing along with proprietary power saving features....
Press on!
Gosh, I saw few videos of guys using laptops. Should I cancel? I don't have any touch screens so It would probably cost me another $150 or so for that. No big deal really but not needing to spend needlessly either.
martyscncgarage
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

geckocycles wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:08 am

Press on!
Gosh, I saw few videos of guys using laptops. Should I cancel? I don't have any touch screens so It would probably cost me another $150 or so for that. No big deal really but not needing to spend needlessly either.
You can buy a small format PC like an Intel NUC or Lenovo Tiny PC and a standard touchscreen monitor. Most monitors have VESA mounts and most small form factor PC's have brackets that will mount them to the back of the monitor.
Its your call. I do not use laptops and I do not use All in One PC's I use resistive touch screen monitors, not capacitive anymore Viewsonic monitor on Amazon is a decent choice.

I buy Lenovo M92P Tiny PC's off ebay. I try and find them with Windows 10 and at least a 120GB SSD already installed. When I get them, I update the drivers. (Must do)
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
geckocycles

Post by geckocycles »

martyscncgarage wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:16 am
geckocycles wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:08 am

Press on!
You can buy a small format PC like an Intel NUC or Lenovo Tiny PC and a standard touchscreen monitor. Most monitors have VESA mounts and most small form factor PC's have brackets that will mount them to the back of the monitor.
Its your call. I do not use laptops and I do not use All in One PC's I use resistive touch screen monitors, not capacitive anymore Viewsonic monitor on Amazon is a decent choice.

I buy Lenovo M92P Tiny PC's off ebay. I try and find them with Windows 10 and at least a 120GB SSD already installed. When I get them, I update the drivers. (Must do)
Damn. I tried to cancel and Amazon says too bad so I am stuck with it now. I'll try calling them, I only ordered it a couple hours ago.
geckocycles

Post by geckocycles »

I may be able to cancel. WIll know in 48 hrs.
I ordered the Levo M92P Core i5-3470T and monitor.
Muzzer
CNC Control System Serial Number: 38D269594F9C-0110180512

Post by Muzzer »

I'm not seeing an ethernet port on the M92P. I think you'll need one to talk to the Acorn?
https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/desktops/t ... tiny/m92p/
tblough
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

According to the manual it has one:
M92P Back.PNG
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.