Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Version 4.20 X Axis Soft Limit Not Working < solved, lathe diameter vs radius >

Post by carbuthn »

For some reason the soft limit on the X axis (axis 2) is not working correctly (Stopping travel).

The X + limit (set at zero) stops the drive in the positive direction at zero indicated position and before tripping the mechanical limit switch or the home proximity switch (as it should), but in the negative direction (soft limit set at -3.0") it will not stop the X axis before tripping the mechanical limit (set at 3.3").

I have tried different settings (-1.0, -2.0 etc.). Down powered the Acorn and CNCPC but it doesn't want to work.

The soft limits on the Z axis work as expected and will stop travel before reaching the mechanical LimitAll switches.

This issue is kind of duplicated in a post "Yet another Techno Isel Lathe Refit Using Centroid Acorn and Teknic Clearpath Drives" but due to the title may have been missed.

Can someone verify is this a bug or have I just missed something? I am seeing it only on Axis 2.
Attachments
Annotation 2020-01-14 113519.jpg
Annotation 2020-01-14 113610.jpg
report_74E182A06EB2-0109191515_2020-01-14_12-24-08.zip
(267.1 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
cncsnw

Re: Version 4.20 X Axis Soft Limit Not Working

Post by cncsnw »

On a lathe, X axis travel limits are in actual travel (radius amount).

A limit of -3.0 would let you move -6" on the DRO, because the DRO is showing you diameter (twice the actual travel).
carbuthn
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Version 4.20 X Axis Soft Limit Not Working

Post by carbuthn »

Thanks CNCSNW,

That makes sense, the problem may have occurred while trying to calibrate the axises. I watch the video that Marty had made, Calibrated the Z axis, Checked the X axis and found that the movement was only 0.5" for a 1" commanded move.

Scratched my head, and changed the overall turn ration from about 10 turns per inch to about 20 turns per inch so that I was moving to within 0.001" of commanded move.

I will redo so that the overall turns is about 10 turns per inch again.

Chuck