Waterjet retro Welcome to 2021

Post your completed retrofits for the world to see.

Moderator: cnckeith

Ha695772
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Waterjet retro Welcome to 2021

Post by Ha695772 »

After 15 yrs plus of I/O ring timeouts ,crappy mono monitor, and file sizes so small I had jobs with 10 files .........well jan27 my allen bradley 9/230 took its last breath and with a that dead again. Parts are getting hard to find and motherboard 3000 usd monitor 2500 usd . It was time to bite the bullet and spend the cash... lets see one quote 25000.00 usd another 32000.00 whoo last time i quoted this was around 12000.00 .Now as a CANADIAN i have to covert to CND $ add 35% as a semi retired, hard 1/2 day working, one customer wonder this was just too much. While researching options I stumbled across a video of Martysgarage which I enjoyed watching, then started looking into this allin1dc...could this work for me? Dam holidays all i could do is read everything i could find , watch videos. By the time Jan 4 2021 came along i was armed with a list of questions for Centriod, witch Leevue answered as I hoped and a allin1dc and goodies were ordered. Having a high rail gantry system, I took to replace all motion bearings and smooth the old girl up while i waited for my new system. Jan 12 my good arrive, pretty dam fast less than 2 weeks ...The next 3 days was a blur ...lots of wire tracing , soldering, heat shrink n, coffee drinking and amazingly little to no swearing. all was good.. Did I metion I had to pair 2 axises.....Well all the reading, watching, and NO WAY could Pair ..Friday... made the call to the CENTRIOD team they tryed to get it paired but we had 4 axis errors ...said the would get back to me.....waited all Friday and went into weekend with no answer Monday ...now I cant seem to get hold of anyone at Centriod and getting mad...Meanwhile the fix had been sent to me but went to my JUNK folder.. Happy Again.. loaded new files and Dam still not working...One call to JOSH at tech support he team viewed me and finally I saw some motion.. Well a few more days and some plc changes to get my waterjet features running ..Cut my first part Jan 20 th took a day to put it all together and Monday 25 Jan right back to cutting my parts .

Now what I love EVERYTHING.. moving from 1995 to 2021 digital readouts large file sizes , wireless pendant whooohooo
What I wish this system had.... Block retrace...man to do miss the ability to just reverse to the block start with a button is so beneficial when Water-jetting The ability to turn on block mode will running ..this goes with the retrace. and perhaps the feedrate display on the pendant.

Normally would not write review but was impressed with CENTRIOD
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Waterjet retro Welcome to 2021

Post by martyscncgarage »

Glad it all worked out. The folks at Centroid are good to work with. Given good accurate information they can help. I have a great new appreciation for remote support when you can actually be at and " SEE" the machine.

We'd really love to see pictures and a video of the machine running!

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
Ha695772
Acorn CNC Controller: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by Ha695772 »

Thanks Marty pics to follow please keep us up to date on the hotrod...
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Ha695772 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:08 pm Thanks Marty pics to follow please keep us up to date on the hotrod...
As soon as I finish my last CNC project, a SYIL X4 CNC Mill, and sell it, I am back on the hot rod!
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ