CNC PLASMA BUILD

Post your completed retrofits for the world to see.

Moderator: cnckeith

jeanmetalman1
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: CNC PLASMA BUILD

Post by jeanmetalman1 »

Thanks for the reply. As you can see, I am pretty much desperate to get some sort of answer to my plight.

So basically, it is like milling a part rather than an actual plasma burn? I run mostly 16 ga, sheet stock for my projects, up to 3/16", so THC is pretty much essential. I am looking into Proma THC, and also capacitive sensing THC, but no decisions made as of yet.. Neutron never answered back both of my tech emails, so they are out.

Oh-btw, what is OHMIC?
jeanmetalman1

Post by jeanmetalman1 »

I wonder if I can ask you where the plasma trigger is located in the G code you posted? How did you accomplish this with the Acorn board? My machine is a Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101, and I have a built in trigger that the previous system used for firing the torch. Is this sequence done through Sheetcam? Please let me know. And thanks again for your help.

J.
agsweeney1972
CNC12: Yes

Post by agsweeney1972 »

jeanmetalman1 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:57 am I wonder if I can ask you where the plasma trigger is located in the G code you posted? How did you accomplish this with the Acorn board? My machine is a Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101, and I have a built in trigger that the previous system used for firing the torch. Is this sequence done through Sheetcam? Please let me know. And thanks again for your help.

J.
I use M3 to turn on the relay for the plasma and M5 to turn it off.

I don't use sheetcam but M3/M5 should be the default for the plasma torch on/off.
jeanmetalman1

Post by jeanmetalman1 »

So if you are not using SheetCam, are you plotting your parts with a cad system, saving the DXF, then manually entering your M3/5 points? Sorry to be redundant, just trying to get a better idea as to how you are going about things. I mostly trace bit maps of JPEG images, and will use SheetCam to generate my tool paths, sort of speak. Thanks again for your help.

J.
agsweeney1972
CNC12: Yes

Post by agsweeney1972 »

jeanmetalman1 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:45 am So if you are not using SheetCam, are you plotting your parts with a cad system, saving the DXF, then manually entering your M3/5 points? Sorry to be redundant, just trying to get a better idea as to how you are going about things. I mostly trace bit maps of JPEG images, and will use SheetCam to generate my tool paths, sort of speak. Thanks again for your help.

J.
I am using Fusion360 to generate the gcode. I wrote a post specific to my setup.

Uploading a quick video now..