Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 38D2695C831F-1228170419
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

TB6600 Drivers

Post by mntlvr »

Hello
I have 3 CNC Single Axis 4A TB6600 2/4 Phase Hybrid Stepper Motor Drivers Controller now these drivers need +5vdc to the pulse and direction terminals of each drive and on the Acorn I connect the Step and Direction connection to the Pulse and Direction on the TB 6600 boards. Now the Enable is High for the Stepper Driver to active the motor if Enable is brought low the Drives free Wheel. Now the Common for the TB6600 needs to be 5 vdc plus so does the Acorn board have to have a 5vdc supply connected to "Common" and to 24 Vdc Common.
Also I have AN 8MM X 1MM LEAD AND PITCH so how do I configure the axis? IN THE ACORN SETUP, THEY ARE DIRECT DRIVE SO NO RATIO AND THE drivers ARE SET AT 4 giving me a 800 STEP/REV
Am I close or should I start again ?
mikes
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Re: TB6600 Drivers

Post by mikes »

You can get 5v based control signals from the DB25 connector, or you can use the 24vdc based signals of the terminal blocks and add current limiting resistors. That driver is optically isolated, so all you are powering is the the opto's LED. If you get ambitus, you can replace the current limiting resistor on the driver's PCB. Depending on the version, that could be a SMD resistor.

The optos on that driver need about 18ma, so 1.2k ohm total should be good. I think the drivers have 270 ohm current limiting resistors, so if you are keeping the driver PCB as-is, you will need to add something around 900 ohms.
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Agreed. Get a DB25 breakout board and try wiring them up there.
DB25 is a great asset to Acorn. Very usable
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
mntlvr

Post by mntlvr »

Guys, when I connect the Acorn "Common" to the +5 vdc supply as I did each TB66000 driver and then connect the "Enable of each TB6600 to the Acorn board "Enable" for each axis , I get no movement from the run command or the axis jog buttons. But if I connect the Acorn's "Common" to supply common I can jog the axis but can not go under feed and unlock the axis for free turning of each stepper. If I say "free" it locks the steppers and if I say "power" it frees the steppers, just backward of what I need. So I do not connect the Acorn "Common" or "Enable" at all and just connect each TB6600 as it should be and have a spst switch on each driver that allows me to "GND" the "enable-" on each driver and then I can turn freely or lock the stepper as I wish. I do not understand this but this is what works for me. Any Ideas?
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Did you try and invert the Enable signal in the Wizard Advanced tab?

Power Supply commons need to be tied together. Whenever possible use a single power supply with dual outputs.
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
mntlvr

Post by mntlvr »

No did not get that far when my unit died. All of the power supplies are tied together on the common so I know that was not the issue. I do like your post and your videos.
Thanks