Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: K102811
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

CRAZY MOVES Allin1DC course adjustment of dro

Post by Gary S »

while working thru the motor setup i put the tape measure on the table and commanded the machine to move x 6 inches. the table moves 5 inches. not what i really wanted, so i gave the command to move the table back x-6 and the machine moved back 6". another command to x6 and the table moved 6" as anticipated and back x-6 and a 6" movement happened. i proceeded to the y axis and the same behavior happened, the first movement something crazy ans back and forth movements as commanded. Z axis same thing.

ANY IDEAS?
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC12: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: CRAZY MOVES Allin1DC course adjustment of dro

Post by martyscncgarage »

Gary S wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:44 pm while working thru the motor setup i put the tape measure on the table and commanded the machine to move x 6 inches. the table moves 5 inches. not what i really wanted, so i gave the command to move the table back x-6 and the machine moved back 6". another command to x6 and the table moved 6" as anticipated and back x-6 and a 6" movement happened. i proceeded to the y axis and the same behavior happened, the first movement something crazy ans back and forth movements as commanded. Z axis same thing.

ANY IDEAS?
Gary, you need to post a report with your question. What kind of machine is this?
When you command the move of 5" (G0X5) Did you try and command a move of G0X0 to see if it would go back to the starting point after the first move?
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
Gary S
Acorn CNC Controller: No

Post by Gary S »

I am working on a milling machine 3 axis at this point. the machine is a shizouka with baldor servos. now i know about posting a report.
i did try tonite the g0x0 and the machine did return back to the start point.

thanks
gary
Attachments
report.zip
(99.36 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC12: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Gary S wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:54 pm I am working on a milling machine 3 axis at this point. the machine is a shizouka with baldor servos. now i know about posting a report.
i did try tonite the g0x0 and the machine did return back to the start point.

thanks
gary
Do you know for sure what your encoder count is?
Can you manually turn the screw and count how many turns it takes to move an inch?
What is the belt reduction between the servo motor and the screw?
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

A couple of observations:

1. Your system is running CNC11 v3.14. It was shipped with CNC11 v 3.16. Why was it back dated? It should be running 3.16

2. It doesn't look like your motors were ever tuned. This is likely your problem.

3 Have you contacted your dealer (McClaren Automation) for support in tuning?

4. Your turns ratios are set at 2.5 revs/in with encoder counts per rev set at 8000. Have you confirmed this to be correct. Older Baldor motors often had lower resolution encoders (4000 counts/rev) This would make your turns at 5 revs/inch
Gary S
Acorn CNC Controller: No

Post by Gary S »

Do you know for sure what your encoder count is? 2000
Can you manually turn the screw and count how many turns it takes to move an inch? 5 all axis
What is the belt reduction between the servo motor and the screw? direct drive

The encoders are new centroid encoders the original encoders were only 500 lines per revolution.
1. Your system is running CNC11 v3.14. It was shipped with CNC11 v 3.16. Why was it back dated? It should be running 3.16...
I did not get any software with my controller, I didn't even get the unlock codes I had to call McClaren to get those. the software i downloaded using the hotlink within the all-in-1-dc control installation manual pdf page 17 of 122
latest Download the latest CNC11 Software version. It is important that you download the latest version of the Centroid
CNC11 software before continuing. Click on the link below to download the latest version of CNC11 software: CNC11
Software download ( http://www.centroidcnc.com/usersupport/ ... latest.zip )
I am following the installation by the page so i have the least amount of opportunity to let the smoke out of the controller.

2. It doesn't look like your motors were ever tuned. This is likely your problem....I thought i was tuning the motors.Hmm I need to investigate motor tuning.

3 Have you contacted your dealer (McClaren Automation) for support in tuning? No, this is the first I have sought any assistance. I am doing all of this at night between 6p and 9p so am posting after experimenting.

4. Your turns ratios are set at 2.5 revs/in with encoder counts per rev set at 8000. Have you confirmed this to be correct. Older Baldor motors often had lower resolution encoders (4000 counts/rev) This would make your turns at 5 revs/inch...
We started as the installation manual directed and when the machine went way too far this is what we tried. I didn't use the baldor encoders i ordered centroid encoders with a 1/4" shaft and recieved encoders with a 6mm hollow shaft, so i had to make stub shafts.

When I say we I am referencing my two sons and me
when we get this i will next attempt a TECO N3 VFD

Thank You for the assistance