Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: "38D2693E3856-0111180526"
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Reposting Previous Problem - Limit Tripped

Post by Ukie »

Can a previous post be reactivated and if so, how. I previously submitted a problem that I was having with my Acorn board and was not able to get it to work as suggested, so I went back to my post with a followup question a few days ago and have not heard back from anyone. It also looks like my previous post has been closed.
diycncscott

Re: Reposting Previous Problem

Post by diycncscott »

If the control is reporting a limit tripped, it means that you have defined an input as a limit and the input/switch is open, it is unrelated to your stepper drive. Press alt-i from the main screen to bring up the real-time I/O display. The top row are the inputs with input 1 being on the far left. Use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the box around each input and look in the bottom center of the screen to see the label. All inputs assigned as a limit MUST be green or the control will report a limit tripped.

If your limit switches are normally closed (closed when a limit is NOT tripped), the input should be set to NC, if they are normally open (closed when the limit IS tripped) they should be set to NO. You can change the NO/NC setting in the Wizard.

Attachments
real-time-io.jpg
Ukie
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: "38D2693E3856-0111180526"

Re: Reposting Previous Problem - Limit Tripped

Post by Ukie »

I was able to clear the tripped limit switch problem but now I am getting error "9031 Drive Fault" and not sure why this is happening.
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

You have an input defined as DriveOk and it is not closed.
cncman172
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DAD429EE9-0926170118

Post by cncman172 »

As Scott suggested the first thing to do is use the wizard and remove the drive ready assignment. Then examine my post on drive ready signals. Let me know if you have questions

Russ