Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Off to a bad start.

Post by heathmanc »

Well, thought I would be making some progress now on a retrofit. Ordered an Acorn kit, however, CENTROID failed to ship it to the correct address and I now play the waiting game to see if it actually makes it to me. I am stationed with the Air Force overseas, and packages change hands from USPS to a contractor that gets it to the base I am stationed on (relying on a P.O. Box #). I will unlikely see this as it had no p.o. box on the USPS shipping documents. I've been told to wait to see if it gets here. It's already a 2 week process (minimum) to get something in the mail here from the U.S. but I've been told to wait it out and see what happens. Not sure when that became acceptable customer support when the error is on the shipper's side. If the package gets returned to sender I will just find another avenue as I'm not happy about how this is going down. I really wanted to use this controller but lack of service is lack of service, and if looks dismal from the beginning, what can a customer expect in the end? Any other reputable company would send out the merchandise again once they realized it was their mistake and figure it out.

Charles
Dave_C
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes

Re: Off to a bad start.

Post by Dave_C »

Charles,

I'm about the hardest man on earth to please as I am very particular! Having said that, I'm delighted with all of the support that Centroid gives to this forum, its products and each one of our projects in general. I'm a retired Engineer and I can drive just about anyone nuts in just a couple of minutes. I'm aware of that fact and still I have to give Centroid high praise for their work in customer service.

It is not a perfect world, at least the one I live in so I have learned to give a little and then I can expect maybe someone will do the same for me.

I really hope it works out for you as the Acorn product is an outstanding product for the cost.

Dave C.
Grizzly G0678 Mill ,CNC conversion with Acorn. G4004G Lathe, Mach 3 conversion to Acorn.
Centroid_Liviu
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

Hello Charles,

This incident was just brought to my attention. I apologize for the mistake we made on your address and I will make sure we get another Acorn sent out to you. The employee dealing with your order was not aware of the delay issues associated with Military Overseas Addresses, they were under the impression that it would only be a few days. Having been stationed overseas myself I can very much sympathize with the mail delivery headaches.

You should have a tracking number for your replacement Acorn shortly.

Best,
Centroid
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
heathmanc
Acorn CNC Controller: No

Post by heathmanc »

I greatly appreciate the attention in this matter and it certainly says a lot about your dedication to making things right. If the other acorn shows up, I ensure it gets into the right hands. Thanks again.

Charles
DICKEYBIRD
CNC Control System Serial Number: n/a yet

Post by DICKEYBIRD »

:D
Milton in Collierville, TN

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."
martyscncgarage
CNC12: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Charles, thank you for your service to our Country.
Glad you got your board on the way. Curiously, what do you hope to build? Be sure to post pictures UP in the Acorn forum. (top of the main page)

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
heathmanc
Acorn CNC Controller: No

Post by heathmanc »

Nothing fantastic, this is just to replace the controller on my taig that has Allen Bradley servos and Ultra 3000 drives. I am retiring in a couple of months and headed back home looking for a real mill.

Charles
martyscncgarage
CNC12: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

heathmanc wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:19 am Nothing fantastic, this is just to replace the controller on my taig that has Allen Bradley servos and Ultra 3000 drives. I am retiring in a couple of months and headed back home looking for a real mill.

Charles
Wow, a Taig with servos. Be sure to post pictures of that little guy and the build.
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ