Centroid_Liviu
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: "No Connection to Acorn Discovered" Error

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

Either Win 10 Home or Pro will work with CNC12. Is there maybe some sort of power saving feature turned on for the Ethernet? The fact that it works with another PC means the board should be OK.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
mntlvr
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 38D2695C831F-1228170419
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by mntlvr »

There is no other power savings features turned on the only difference between the two computers is the one that the board works on is Windows 10 pro and the laptop is Windows 10 Home.
Also the fact that I can ping the board from the Home edition, and all lights are working on the board makes this a real mystery.
Krenovian

Post by Krenovian »

cnckeith wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:41 pm run cnc12 before the wizard so that it updates the firmware on the BBG. wait for it to update! ignore any mpu.plc error messages.
after firmware update, close cnc12, power cycle acorn, reboot pc, make sure firewall is off, run wizard. select BENCH TEST radio button and press "write settings the cnc control configuration" , close wizard and start cnc12..

you can follow the update instructions found here. http://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_diy ... ctions.pdf
mntlvr,

Have you tried the firmware update procedure quoted above? Can you open the Wizard on the laptop? If so what do you see on the first screen? Assuming Win10 is setup properly, power saving turned off, no AV, no firewall, WiFi disabled, etc. and the above doesn’t work, you might consider uninstalling then reinstalling CNC12 as per the instructions on the Centroid site. Other than that I’ve exhausted my limited knowledge. Hopefully someone with a lot more experience than me will pick this up.

CJ
Krenovian

Post by Krenovian »

mntlvr,

In your situation, after CNC12 shuts it self down following the error message, proceed through the rest of the firmware update steps, cycling the Acorn board, rebooting the laptop then opening the Wizard.

CJ
Krenovian

Post by Krenovian »

mntlvr,

Last suggestion I have if you haven’t already done this. Connect the Acorn board back up to the computer that CNC12 was working on and confirm this is still the case.

CJ
mntlvr

Post by mntlvr »

CJ
The board works just fine on my Desktop Computer
Thanks
Centroid_Liviu
DC3IOB: Yes

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

Please try uninstalling and re-installing CNC12 software and see if that fixes it.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
mntlvr

Post by mntlvr »

Have fixed issue re-downloaded installer and then installed from new download and it started to work. :D
Muzzer
CNC Control System Serial Number: 38D269594F9C-0110180512
CNC12: Yes

Post by Muzzer »

Hmm. I've come back to my Acorn system after a couple of months away and can't get it to talk.

Somehow the network adaptor had lost its IP4 address (should be 10.168.41.1) but even with that corrected, I have no joy. No idea how the address changed but perhaps Windows did an update on me.

I have Firewall and Defender turned off, I can ping both the MPU and the Acorn, yet when I try to run CNC12, it gets stuck on "Initializing MPU", then tells me to "cycle the Acorn and restart CNC11". I haven't changed anything or made any config changes that I am aware of.

Reading through previous posts, it sounds as if a reinstall of CNC12 may be an option. Can I do this without losing all of my settings, configs, macros etc?

I've attached the last report I saved back in May when I last changed anything intentionally and it was working fine.

Please help me to resurrect my installation! Thanks.
martyscncgarage
CNC12: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Muzzer wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:59 pm Hmm. I've come back to my Acorn system after a couple of months away and can't get it to talk.

Somehow the network adaptor had lost its IP4 address (should be 10.168.41.1) but even with that corrected, I have no joy. No idea how the address changed but perhaps Windows did an update on me.

I have Firewall and Defender turned off, I can ping both the MPU and the Acorn, yet when I try to run CNC12, it gets stuck on "Initializing MPU", then tells me to "cycle the Acorn and restart CNC11". I haven't changed anything or made any config changes that I am aware of.

Reading through previous posts, it sounds as if a reinstall of CNC12 may be an option. Can I do this without losing all of my settings, configs, macros etc?

I've attached the last report I saved back in May when I last changed anything intentionally and it was working fine.

Please help me to resurrect my installation! Thanks.

report_38D269594F9C-0110180512_2018-05-14_20-42-30.zip
Did you save a report?

Go into the Centroid directory. Go to the report backup directory. Do you have report .zip files in there? Grab the last two newest reports and copy them to a directory you created under C:\
Or copy them to a thumb drive.

Copy your Centroid directory, simply right click and COPY, then PASTE it user C:\
It will show up as a copy.

Then use Windows control panel to uninstall CNC12.
Reinstall CNC12 with the version you were using.
Once installed, open wizard and write the Benchtest configuration.
Start CNC 12
Once CNC12 is started, go into F7 Utility Menu and click Restore Report
Point it to the folder where your latest report is.
If successful. Then exit CNC12, power down Acorn and Windows PC and restart them both.

See if that fixes it. It will get you back to at least the time the report was created.

My advice ALWAYS create a report of your machine when it is correctly configured. Keep copies on both the CNC PC and an external source like a thumb drive. ALWAYS take screen shots of your Wizard pages using the Windows 10 snipping tool.

Good luck
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ