Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: End to Acorn Introductory Pricing date is January 3rd 2018

Post by cnckeith »

Acorn Pro and Digitizing license files have a .dat file extension.
this file will be emailed to you.
this file is for a specific Acorn board. ( you can only use the .dat file for a Acorn board that it was issued for)
you don't need an internet or network connection to install the license file.
simply copy to desktop of CNCPC and use the CNC12 Utility menu "import license"
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=944
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Commotion
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by Commotion »

I purchased a mill pro license yesterday and paid via paypal. The only instruction i got at the end of the purchase was that i would receive and email with instructions. I don't remember it asking me for an email address during the process. Which email address is it going to be sent to? I emailed the diysales email address afterwards but havent had a response.
Cheers
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

the License is emailed to the email address you use for your Paypal account. Paypal sends us that address.
if you don't have an email check your spam folder. we are also still catching up from all the orders over the holidays so you might give it one more day.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
bloomingtonmike
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0916130849

Post by bloomingtonmike »

Hope everyone got their orders in before the increase last night. I ordered a third to put on my router. Liking the talk from Gary on that.
Mikie in Bloomington IL
Commotion

Post by Commotion »

Yes thank you Keith, i received an email to the address connected to my paypal account today.
mikes

Post by mikes »

I must be blind as I did not see anywhere on the site that there was going to be a price increase. I have been looking at purchasing the Acorn for a number of weeks now. Coincidentally, I went to purchase it today and was confused by what I saw. That is, the site http://www.centroidcnc.com//centroid_di ... y_cnc.html info still lists the Acorn for $265, but when you go to make the purchase you see the new price. I put a call in to see what the issue was and at that time found out about the price increase. I was told someone would get back with me regarding the discrepancy on the site. I may still get the intro price. Hopefully I am not a day late and some more dollars in debt.
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

the end of Acorn introductory pricing date was January 3rd as advertised on this forum. the price increase was made around 7 pm EST on the 3rd.
(we gotta keep the lights on and the heat running. :-))
The words "Introductory Price" have been on the Acorn webpage right beside the price and above the "add to cart" button since August 6th until January 3rd at 7 pm EST.

A discussion on the Introductory Pricing started this thread beginning on September 3rd viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1005

Acorn CNC controller kits now include Free Shipping to addresses in the USA

and International Shipping for $30

We do strive to keep the Acorn user base informed on all things Acorn, that's why we created and maintain this very forum.

as you would expect "All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice." does apply as we are constantly on the move adding features and capabilities to all of our products.
mikes

Post by mikes »

@cnckeith, Don't get me wrong, but today was also coincidentally the first time I have seriously used the forum. As I said, if I had seen anything on the site regarding an imenet price increase or that the $265 was introductory, and could change without notice, then I would feel a lot better about this. That coupled with the fact that the site still shows the old price in the description, makes me feel as though it was poorly planned, and could have been handled better.

Lastly, I am all for making a profit, so I am not complaining about correctly pricing a product. I just think if you are going to make it known, it is only fair to let prospective customers know, and not via some hidden message on a support forum. I have emailed a number of times with pre-sales questions, it was never mentioned. I have thoroughly walked the site and watched a number of the videos, read the downloadable documentation, and never once saw anything about the price change. Why was it not stated on the site?
mikes

Post by mikes »

I really don't want it to sound like I am on a rant, as I still hope to use the Acorn in my build, and think it looks like a promising product. That said, I thought I would just offer up that I never heard back from anyone at Centroid after pointing out the pricing discrepancy on the site and asking for a call back to see if I could get the intro price. I was hoping for at least the courtesy of a call back. Maybe on Monday. The lack of callback has me a bit wondering about CS as a whole.

I see the site has been updated, but the funny part is they still have it wrong. The description area was only updated in one place. The intro price for the board and upgrades is still showing at the bottom of the Acorn description. From an ecommerce perspective it is best to put pricing in one place, or if shown in multiple locations, derive it from a single data point.
DICKEYBIRD
CNC Control System Serial Number: n/a yet

Post by DICKEYBIRD »

mikes wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:14 pm I must be blind as I did not see anywhere on the site that there was going to be a price increase. I have been looking at purchasing the Acorn for a number of weeks now.
It's none of my business Mike, but here goes anyway. :)

Any good CNC equipment (to me) is expensive and a purchase of this size requires careful consideration. The very first place I go to is a customer review page or when that's not available, the manufacturer's support forum. When I first heard of Acorn, I went straight to this forum (and the Centroid sub-forum on CNCZone) & read every word. You're right that the info was a bit mis-leading on the website after the price changebut hey, Centroid is run by real American human beings that do make a mistake or two on occasion. However, the site was correct in the important places. They're not Amazon or Walmart so don't expect to flog them with website fine print.

If you're honest with yourself, I think you'll realize your anger should be directed at yourself for not pulling the trigger sooner. Look at the bright side, Acorn is the best deal out there & well worth the regular price! This is just one man's opinion of course.
Milton in Collierville, TN

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."