Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 1008100269
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Virtual panel cnc12

Post by Cadman2500 »

I am very interested in using a virtual panel and am reviving a project that I never completed. (Broken ankle, two moves, changed jobs twice, but now i am settled) Can anyone tell me when I can buy this updated software? I own an mpu11/dc3iob kit. Glad I hit the forum to see whats new. Acorn is interesting.
Attachments
20170714_220308.jpg
Screenshot_20170715-022837.png
Centroid_Liviu
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Virtual panel cnc12

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

The Virtual Jog Panel is part of CNC12, which should be released along with the Acorn in the very very near future.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Cadman2500 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:04 am I am very interested in using a virtual panel and am reviving a project that I never completed. (Broken ankle, two moves, changed jobs twice, but now i am settled) Can anyone tell me when I can buy this updated software? I own an mpu11/dc3iob kit. Glad I hit the forum to see whats new. Acorn is interesting.
Curious to know why you didn't do an All in One DC? I recently did a conversion on a 10x54 knee mill. Went well, slick setup.
Documented the whole thing on my YouTube channel for others to see and learn what's involved. martyscncgarage

Virtual Control Panel is pretty nice, going through beta testing. Acquire a touch screen display so you're ready for it. ASUS VT207N is a nice 19.5" display you can find on line for less than $200

Marty
Mesa, AZ
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
Cadman2500
Acorn CNC Controller: No

Post by Cadman2500 »

Liviu,
Thanks for the cnc12 details.
I am chuckling about very very. I'll start with what I have and buy when it comes out. It probable that it will release before I am ready to use it at my pace.

Marty,
Back when I started this the all in one was new and I was told the dc3iob had higher capacity. (Amps) So I went old school. This has probably all changed. Thanks for the heads up on your channel and the monitor. I'll give it a look.

I have all the parts to do the job as long as everything survived the moves and being in storage. Going to try and bench test by the end of the week. I have a VFD and an MPG for the build. Exciting times.

Regards,
Chris
martyscncgarage

I got you. Good luck with the build and please let us know how how you make out.
Marty
Last edited by martyscncgarage on Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mesa, AZ
Cadman2500

Post by Cadman2500 »

Ok so I bought a touch panel and components to put together a mini itx pc. I was fairly clear saying my intention was to use cnc12 on my mpu1/dc3iob, I got a response and a monitor recommendation, now it seems cnc 12 is for achorn only?? Hey guys, i am fairly deep inyo my build. Will I be able to use the virtual panel on my build?! Am i missing something?
martyscncgarage

Cadman2500 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:09 pm Ok so I bought a touch panel and components to put together a mini itx pc. I was fairly clear saying my intention was to use cnc12 on my mpu1/dc3iob, I got a response and a monitor recommendation, now it seems cnc 12 is for achorn only?? Hey guys, i am fairly deep inyo my build. Will I be able to use the virtual panel on my build?! Am i missing something?
No, I understand it will be the next revision for the rest of the line. I believe it's under going testing with that hardware now. Because Acorn was new hardware they concentrated on making it run under CNC12 first.

So it will be out soon, when? Not sure. I'm as anxious as you are. I just finished an All in One DC install on my knee mill. Looking forward to having the virtual control panel on it as well.
Marty
Mesa, AZ
Centroid_Liviu

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

The MPU11 based controls will be compatible with CNC12 in the next release. I can't give a firm date (we are still beta testing the Lathe CNC12 version even on Acorn), but it will be available. I understand the frustration with waiting, but we would rather work on it a bit longer than release with possible bugs. As the touch based controls will be moving machinery there are serious safety concerns involved if not done correctly.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
Cadman2500

Post by Cadman2500 »

Thanks for clarifying. I may have gotten a bit worried after reading the web site when my monitor showed up. Marty I took your recommendation and bought the Asus, seemed to be the best bang for the buck.
martyscncgarage

Cadman2500 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:12 pm Thanks for clarifying. I may have gotten a bit worried after reading the web site when my monitor showed up. Marty I took your recommendation and bought the Asus, seemed to be the best bang for the buck.
Indeed, the ASUS is a good model and under $200.
Every ONCE in awhile you can find refurbs for under $160
Mesa, AZ