Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900438
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

100 Step MPG - reverse dial direction

Post by Jay »

Hi, This may be an 'out in left field' question, but is there way to reverse the dial direction on the Ajax supplied MPG.

My Bridgeport S2I2 has jog sticks and a matching MPG that mimic table movement rather than head movement. The MPG of which to be replaced by the Ajax 100-step MPG. However the old MPG and new one rotate in opposite direction to achieve +/- movement. I'd like to reverse the direction on the 100-step to keep it matched to the original MPG. Is this a software change, or something like a A/A' B/B' swap?

Thanks

Jay
Okotoks, Alberta
Centroid_Tech

Re: 100 Step MPG - reverse dial direction

Post by Centroid_Tech »

Jay,

Unfortunately, there isn't anything that can be done in the CNC software to reverse the direction of the MPG encoder signals. You will have to physically swap the A signal with the B signal and the /A signal with the /B signal.
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..
Jay
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes

Post by Jay »

Thanks, I'll give the A>B and A/->B/ swap a try see how it works.

Jay
Okotoks, Alberta
Jay

Post by Jay »

Whoop's!
..just noticed the new Allin1dc manual shows two different ways to wire up the MGP - check out the A/A+/B/B+ connector pin locations on page ~115 ( the ALLINONEDC Cables Schematic) - then compare it to the ALLINONEDC Connectors on page ~139

so.. which is the right way - so I can reverse it for my application.

Thanks
Jay
Okotoks, Alberta
Centroid_Tech

Post by Centroid_Tech »

I am a little confused. Attached are the photos from pages 115 and 139 of the ALLIN1DC installation manual and the encoder pinout on both pages are exactly the same. The only difference is that on one page the signal's compliment is designated with a backwards slash, \, while on the other page it is designated with a dash, -. Please clarify where you are seeing the signal incompatibility.
Attachments
ALLIN1DC Encoder Pinout.docx
(141.18 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..
Jay

Post by Jay »

Yeah - the pages numbers were confusing. I was using the pages numbers from the PDF Reader, rather than the doc directly.
Here's the screen shots
C2.PNG
C1.PNG
Okotoks, Alberta
Centroid_Tech

Post by Centroid_Tech »

I apologize. I was looking into the encoder signals rather than the MPG encoder signals. The signals on the ALLIN1DC board layout are the correct signals. Pin 1 of the MPG connector starts with +B then -B then +A then -A.

Jay

Post by Jay »

Awesome! - thanks for the clarification!

Jay
Okotoks, Alberta