Runtime Error 231

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

promisemachining
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0327060180, T39 A90089, M-39s 3535, M-39s 3770, M400ac/inv, M400ac/atc 10388
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Runtime Error 231

Post by promisemachining »

Sirs,
I have restarted the computer that I am transferring the Mill disc 3 file with. I even tried removing the bin file out of the cnc10 folder. Creating a 4th disc series with a new cnc10 folder with only the bin folder in it. I am getting an error message that I need a larger capacity floppy disc. Apparently the bin file is not able to be split into 2 floppy discs.
I am a 1 man job shop owner. Although I am not a wiz with computers, I am not exactly illiterate either.
Centroid_Tech

Post by Centroid_Tech »

You should only have 3 floppy disks. I just re-read my post and I see where I went wrong. My original file had all the 3 .zip files into 1 main .zip file but I emailed you the 3 individual files while my thought process was on as if I had emailed you the main .zip file. What you want to do is copy the .zip file with the install.sh file onto a floppy disk. Floppy disk #1 will contain the mill-disk1.zip file and the install.sh file. Floppy disk #2 will contain the mill-disk2.zip file and the install.sh file. Floppy disk #3 will contain the mill-disk3.zip file and the install.sh file. I completely apologize about my previous post.
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..
promisemachining
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0327060180, T39 A90089, M-39s 3535, M-39s 3770, M400ac/inv, M400ac/atc 10388

Sirs,
I really don't want to mess this up, so, please be patient with me.
I read your last response.
I am going to re-download the 4 files you sent.
Change the name of Install.txt to Install.sh.
Add that file to each of the 3 floppy discs that I make that will also contain the mill disc 1 zip on floppy disc 1.
And so on with mill disc 2 & 3 for the other two floppy discs.
Will Centroid update take an un-ziped file without extracting the files?
Centroid_Tech

Post by Centroid_Tech »

Yes, it will. The install.sh file has the code to extract the contents of the those .zip files.
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Please try renaming the file to something short with no spaces or other punctuation in the filename - like test.cnc. Does that eliminate the error?
promisemachining

Sirs,
I have finally found the time and have some money in case my system gets screwed up beyond repair. I have downloaded the files on to 3 floppy discs and changed and the file name install.sh on all 3 discs.
I have followed the instructions to F7 utility and F2 update. I have selected the A drive. I push enter and I get the following messages;
Looking for Path
/cncroot/a/install.sh does not exist
Then it reverts back to the F7 utility page.
The floppy is working, I just downloaded a program from it.
I don't know what to do from here. The system is working, I just can't save my good programs.
Attachments
Error message that path does not exist.
Error message that path does not exist.
First Update Message
First Update Message
Update Screen 1
Update Screen 1
Centroid_Tech

Post by Centroid_Tech »

Insert the floppy disk into the Centroid control. Press ALT+F6 to open a Linux command prompt. Type ls /cncroot/a and press ENTER. Please provide us a photo of what you see. If you get a message stating that the path doesn't exist, please ls /cncroot and press ENTER. Provide us a photo of what you see.

promisemachining

I entered in the command and got the message path does not exist.
Picture is attached.
I am able to load a program from the floppy.
I am able to save an intercon file to the floppy.
I can not save a g code program back to the floppy once I have loaded it on to the machine.
When I export a file to the floppy, after about 45 seconds I get the run time error. Picture is attached.
Are there detailed instructions on how to save files back to the floppy disc? I have tried using the g-code editor and am not having any luck saving through there as well.
I spoke with Dana at the Dayton tool show last Wednesday about this. I was not able to do a good job conveying what was wrong.
Attachments
DSCN0766.JPG
DSCN0765.JPG
Centroid_Tech

Post by Centroid_Tech »

You are missing a space between the ls and /cncroot.

promisemachining

I put the space in. Here is what I got.
Attachments
DSCN0769.JPG