Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Customer First Impressions

Post by cnckeith »

First off, I would like to say that I did receive my Mach 3 controller and other products from UPS today. The very next day after you sent it. Second off, I would like to say that I feel like I just got the deal of the century. As I was unpacking the boxes, I was incredibly delighted by the excellent packing job, but even more by the contents of the boxes. The quality of this controller kit is superb. At least the physical quality. I haven't set up/installed anything yet. Ajax has been great to deal with. You guys sell an excellent product. I will admit that it was all bigger that I expected. I really feel like I just unpacked an industrial quality controller on my family room floor. I don't think it will fit in the case that I have, but that's fine. I was wondering if you could send me some photo's of a controller setup in it's enclosure. I am very interested in how you lay it out. I will probably just copy your setup.

Thanks
so much

Richard Cohen

Richard,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll get you a few photos of a typical component layout posted up real soon. Keith
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
rppman

Re: Customer First Impressions

Post by rppman »

Here is a picture of my encloser with the dc310 and mpu11. The box is 18 x 30. I moved the power supply so I could install the mpu 11 under the dc310.
Sorry but I am unable to upload my picutre for some reason. If you can give me your email I will send it to you. Scott
rppman

Post by rppman »

Although I have not powered up my kit yet I do believe it was a great deal for the price. I would of like to see more information about installation. The prints help but a lot of components you buy out there word their connections different. I have a question about the capacitor and bridge combo. Is the dc out side where the - and + signs are? Then the ac side connects to the z sign? Just wanting to make sure.
rppman

Post by rppman »

dc3103.jpg
dc3103.jpg (367.66 KiB) Viewed 6888 times
dc3101.jpg
dc3101.jpg (459.01 KiB) Viewed 6888 times
The attachment dc3101.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
mill2.jpg
box1.jpg
Last edited by rppman on Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rppman

Post by rppman »

Just wanted to show the other box that holds all the transformers, inverter, contactors, ect.
dc3104.jpg
dc3104.jpg (455.76 KiB) Viewed 6888 times
ajaxtroy

Post by ajaxtroy »

Here is a basic panel layout for Ajax MPU11.
capandbridge.jpg
capandbridge.jpg (313.66 KiB) Viewed 10311 times
dc3iob.jpg
dc3iob.jpg (324.11 KiB) Viewed 10311 times
mpu11mout.jpg
mpu11mout.jpg (352.46 KiB) Viewed 10311 times
ajaxtroy

Post by ajaxtroy »

rppman wrote:Although I have not powered up my kit yet I do believe it was a great deal for the price. I would of like to see more information about installation. The prints help but a lot of components you buy out there word their connections different. I have a question about the capacitor and bridge combo. Is the dc out side where the - and + signs are? Then the ac side connects to the z sign? Just wanting to make sure.
rppman, To answer your question about the Cap and Bridge board, the answer is yes.
capboard.jpg
capboard.jpg (308.4 KiB) Viewed 10308 times
rppman

Post by rppman »

Ok Thanks on the capacitor info
CNCguy
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by CNCguy »

rppman wrote: Then the ac side connects to the z sign? Just wanting to make sure.
The z sign is actually meant to be an AC voltage sign , as in sine wave ~ :oops:
CNCguy
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by CNCguy »

I notice the red variable transformer (variac) at the bottom of your one cabinet.
Variac's often have lower power ratings that dedicated step down transformers.
Have you checked the total watts/amps rating of your variac against the total draw of your sytem?
What is the variac's job? Stepping down the ac , I assume ?
What else does the variac power?