CNC Control System Serial Number: Serial Number
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Saving Custom Wizard settings

Post by CarlEnglish »

Hi All

Is it possible to save my own Custom Wizard settings?

When i choose the DMM DYN2DYN4 in the Acorn Wizard, it naturally sets up the wizard for DMM Technology DYN2 or DYN4 servo drives as expected.
This can be also be a problem as each time i write the settings to acorn, my files are being overwritten.

I have a modified cncm.hom file, which i have written some ZRI Homing for my specific machine, this of course keeps being overwritten every time i use the wizard and save any changes. it means i then have to keep replacing the cncm.hom file each time, with my own.

Is there a way to modify the defaults for the wizard to keep my files?

Thanks
Carl
DICKEYBIRD
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: n/a yet

Re: Saving Custom Wizard settings

Post by DICKEYBIRD »

CarlEnglish wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:45 pm ....it means i then have to keep replacing the cncm.hom file each time, with my own. Is there a way to modify the defaults for the wizard to keep my files?
As I understand it, no. The 4.14 release will change that to a yes.
Milton in Collierville, TN

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

The title of this post is a little misleading. The Wizard by nature is customizable from its defaults values and remembers any changes made within the Wizard.
What the Wizard doesn't remember (or know about) is any changes made like editing a .hom file Outside of the Wizard.
so if you have customized a home file you have these options with v4.12:
1.) Put any custom files in a folder, then after you use the wizard to make changes in other areas you can copy them back
or
2.) Use the wizard to do as much configuring as you can, edit up the custom home file, then use CNC12 parameters to make any configuration changes instead of the Wizard from this point on.

Future Acorn CNC12 v4.14 has an option to NOT overwrite a custom home file so you can keep using the Wizard and it will not overwrite the custom home file.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
CarlEnglish
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: Serial Number

Post by CarlEnglish »

Hi, All

Thanks for answering the question, so the prefered method is:

1.) Put any custom files in a folder, then after you use the wizard to make changes in other areas you can copy them back
or
2.) Use the wizard to do as much configuring as you can, edit up the custom home file, then use CNC12 parameters to make any configuration changes instead of the Wizard from this point on.

v4.14 has an option to NOT overwrite a custom home file so you can keep using the Wizard and it will not overwrite the custom home file.

V4.14 is currently not for use with the Centroid Acorn!!!! << km writes.. CNC12 comes in two flavors, CNC12 for Acorn and CNC12 for the rest of our CNC controllers.. Acorn CNC12 v4.14 is an upcoming release and is currently in beta testing phase. >>

Thanks all
martyscncgarage

Post by martyscncgarage »

I put my custom files in a separate folder, and copy them back in. I also save copies of these files along with current reports to a USB flash drive so I can save them OFF the machine.
Computers and hard drives DO die!.
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
cnckeith
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

CNC12 comes in two flavors, CNC12 for Acorn and CNC12 for the rest of our CNC controllers.. '
Acorn CNC12 v4.14 is an upcoming release and is currently in beta testing phase.
CNC12 v4.14 for Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 is available and has been publicly released.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html