Metalstech
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 1015090082
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

**RESOLVED** MPU11 and GPIO4D Specific Manual

Post by Metalstech »

Hi, I'm new to this forum and a recent kit customer of the GPIO4D and MPU11 kit.
I have a 1986 Bridgeport Series 1 Interact that had a bad Heidenhain 150B controller, SEM 140Vdc servos, new ROD 426 encoders, and new Copley Junus digital amplifiers, and new power supply.$$$$
Now to get it all together. Is there a manual that explains the GPIO4D board in depth?
Just from looking at the schematic, I've got a few questions.
1. Are all the output relays the same?
2. Do these replace all the 120Vac and 24Vdc original relays on my machine? It appears they do to me.
3. I'm using original 120Vac coiled spindle contacters for fwd. and rev. Does output 8 NO and output 8 NC control the contacters then or is this only for VFD units?
4. Axis drives H11- H14 Is the Analog com + or - ?
5. Inputs 1-4 and inputs 5-8 if used for axis limits, should they be NC type circuits? Input 5-8 shows a NO circuit.
6. The inputs have conflicting Com points? 9-12 and 13-16 are different than the first 8. Likewise with the switching, NO and NC. ARE these programmable for sourcing or sinking type circuits? And how?
Thank you , Metalstech
Centroid_Tech

Re: MPU11 and GPIO4D Specific Manual

Post by Centroid_Tech »

I have attached the GPIO4D manual to this posting. Please download and read it over, it should answer all your questions.

All the outputs are SPST except OUT 8 and 9 which are SPDT.

Yes the GPIO4D will replace your existing contactors, however you will want to add fuses after the output relays for protection.

OUT8 can be used for FWD/REV signals for a VFD (spindle inverter) or for FWD/REV signals of a spindle forward and reversing contactor.

The analog drive outputs are -10 to 10 VDC.

All of the inputs are the same, they are voltage configurable for 5, 12, or 24VDC depending on the sip installed for each bank of inputs. Inputs 1-6 are dedicated in the PLC program for your limits, these MUST be NC. The PLC can be programmed to look at NO or NC logic on the inputs. The inputs can also be setup for sinking or sourcing operation. See attached PDF of the GPIO4D manual for examples.
Attachments
GPIO4D_MAN.pdf
(148.92 KiB) Downloaded 719 times
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..
Metalstech
CNC Control System Serial Number: 1015090082

Post by Metalstech »

I seem to be having trouble downloading the GPIO4D file you sent me.
I keep getting this error messege.... Internet Explorer was not able to open this Internet site. Site unavailable or cannot be found.
It shows the number of download actions taken but does not actually download.
Can you send it again ?
Thank you, Metalstech
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

hello. i just emailed it to you.

how to download a PDF from this forum using Microsoft Internet Explorer. see images attached.

Click on the PDF link and Click SAVE
pdf-1.jpg
pdf-1.jpg (65.83 KiB) Viewed 8834 times

Click SAVE
pdf-2.jpg
pdf-2.jpg (83.04 KiB) Viewed 8834 times

Click OPEN
pdf-4.jpg
pdf-4.jpg (73.73 KiB) Viewed 8834 times
and the PDF opens in a new window.
pdf-3.jpg
pdf-3.jpg (87.35 KiB) Viewed 8834 times
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

Thank you Keith !

This sure answers my questions about the GPIO4D.

Thank you again,
John Wenszell
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Centroid_Tech

3rd party drives velocity or torque mode?

Post by Centroid_Tech »

Question: Can the MPU11/GPIO4D Mach kit run third party drives in velocity as well as torque mode?

Answer: Yes you can run in velocity or torque mode with either the Mach3 software or the CNC11 software. Velocity mode allows for smoother motion with lower resolution encoders.
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..
CNCguy
Oak CNC controller: No

Post by CNCguy »

On Post by ajax_tech » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:59 pm ajax_tech wrote>
"Yes the GPIO4D will replace your existing contactors, however you will want to add fuses after the output relays for protection."
You must mean relays not contactors, :lol: right?
A contactor usually means a high current high voltage device meant to drive a motor or other high current device directly, and the GPIO4D contains small signal relays, not contactors.
Where can we find the actual (conservative please) : voltage and current ratings of the GPIO4D's on board relays?
Centroid_Tech

Post by Centroid_Tech »

CNCguy

You are correct the GPIO4D replaces the relay's that drive the contactors not the contactors themselves.

You can find the output relay spec's in the GPIO4D manual I posted earlier in this thread.