Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Hickory/Fanuc AC Spindle Drive

Post by centroid467 »

glbreil wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:50 am Just wanted to let you know that I found some really good information about the CHNC turret on another thread ( https://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic. ... ret#p79025 ) and I now I think I have a good understanding of what will need to happen with the wiring for the the inputs and outputs to control it and the sequence of how the solenoids fire. What I didn't find anywhere yet is how those inputs and outputs are programmed for the actual control to know when to fire according to the encoder position. I will continue to dig, because I imagine that the information is here somewhere already. If some one knows where to find it that would be appreciated.

Thanks Gary
Hi Gary,

I remember that thread. Marc (CNCSNW) gives some good details on how the turret works and how to control it. The programming would be done in the PLC. There is a PLC program in the report he attached to the linked post that could be useful. I would ask him if you could take those sections and put them into the Hickory PLC. Probably the most painless option is to hire Marc to write the PLC program.
glbreil
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Hickory/Fanuc AC Spindle Drive

Post by glbreil »

You are probably right, but I did find the programming manuals on here today, so I will probably do a lot of study and then get Marc to do it anyway. I have asked him enough questions in the past that he probably already knows I will never figure it out. :D