Issue with outside frame milling

A place to discuss and ask questions about all things Machining for Mills, Lathes, Laser, and Routers

Moderator: cnckeith

cncsnw

Re: Issue with outside frame milling

Post by cncsnw »

The Intercon program and graph are correct.

It is tracing around the outside of a 2" x 3" rectangle, centered at X1 Y1.5. The toolpath (cutter center) is correctly offset to the outside by 0.1875 (the radius of the cutter you specified).

Assuming that you did your part setup so that MDI "G0 X0 Y0" puts the spindle centerline (center of the tool tip) directly over the left front corner; and that your turns ratios are correct, so that then "G0 X2 Y3" puts the spindle centerline directly over the back right corner; then it should run correctly.

For what it's worth, the G code program you attached seems to be something entirely different. I cannot guess where it came from, but it is not the result of Posting the Intercon program that you attached.
cmickey
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by cmickey »

I’ll go work on what you have posted. Thanks
cmickey
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by cmickey »

OK, I just had a feeling that something I was going was causing the issue. I'm looking at the screen that shows the scales and something didn't look right. And I am embarrassed to tell you that I had reversed the x and y axis. It's not the first time I have transposed numbers. The screen shows a vertical picture but my part was oriented horizontally along the x axis. exactly backwards! I corrected that and it WORKED.
Big thanks to everyone who tried to help.