drivers ok with centroid? and circuit board standoffs

All things related to the Centroid Acorn Plasma system.

Moderators: cnckeith, Joey

bertieboy
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Plasma CNC Controller: Yes
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

drivers ok with centroid? and circuit board standoffs

Post by bertieboy »

CL57T vs CL57Y . I looked in the schematics and theres only a wiring diagram for the CL57Y driver..... i have what is the newer CL57T driver. Same wiring? Or did i miss something? I hope i can run them. Bought as package with closed loop nema 23 ..3nm steepers to retrofit my cnc plasma table.
I watched lots if vids and will refer my centroid manual for layout (thc in seperate box etc) my other main question is......
I have proper 316 stainless steel electrical inclosures with steel backing board inside. Now, what standoffs do i run for each of the centroid boards? Are the standoffs steel and earth the board to the backing plate and hence, enclosure?..same for drivers and power supplies?. or you want them all isolated from that detachable 2mm steel backing plate/board that bolts into the inclousure ? Im not fimilar with mounting boards, never done it, and yes i watched, read, researched but no mention of standoffs length, material, isolated or not etc... thanks again and i will make a blog thingy here to show my progression. I know they are cheap and chinese but im in Australia and clearpaths are out of my league. Cheers and thanks for any info 👍🏻 oh, ive got all my centroid boards and black thc board etc all waiting, so its layout time! Im pumped !
Attachments
67221DD4-8D00-4091-8A94-5C7038BCCA85.jpeg
67221DD4-8D00-4091-8A94-5C7038BCCA85.jpeg (43.53 KiB) Viewed 153 times
EA90E97F-90F3-4D00-8067-7540C8062887(1).jpeg
Joey

Re: drivers ok with centroid? and circuit board standoffs

Post by Joey »

The Wiring looks the same. Schematic S15034 will work.

You want continuity from the stand offs all the way thru to the cabinet. All ground and Shields should be Attached at a single point bar or terminal strip

Not 100% sure on the stand off length but I think for the Acorn at least a 1/4 inch length stand off is required.

Stepper Online Closed loops steppers should do the Job. Closed Loop is the way to go.
bertieboy
Plasma CNC Controller: Yes
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No

Re: drivers ok with centroid? and circuit board standoffs

Post by bertieboy »

Thanks Joey cheers mate. I will check out that schematic .... and yes, ok, so standoffs are steel and connect the board holes to the steel backing in the cabinet ...Im in the process of doing a build thread too so my layout is done right with some guidance cheers