countryguy
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Linux for Mill 3.12? DC-aio.

Post by countryguy »

I believe I know the Answer but thought I'd ask....

Saw some archive posts on Linux setup and CNC10. Some notes and manuals on a setup for it. So do you have Linux port for the newest releases? Id love to avoid Wintel 7 altogether!
Looks like that was a thing of the past but I'd vote and install that in a hearbeat.
Centroid_Liviu
DC3IOB: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Linux for Mill 3.12? DC-aio.

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

CNC11 is only Windows based. The look and feel of the software has been kept consistent though. While there were advantages to Linux in the past, Windows is now a very stable platform. It also does not require you to jump though hoops to set up basic functionality such as networking. Driver support for Linux was also hit or miss based on the kernel. Yes Linux is for the most part free, but the same can not be said about everyone's time to get it running.

CNC11 3.12 runs on both Windows 7 and 8. So if your not a fan of the Windows 8 UI I would just go with Windows 7.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
countryguy
DC3IOB: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Linux for Mill 3.12? DC-aio.

Post by countryguy »

No issues there. Win7 stable... :-) I suppose as long as you don't connect it to the Internet. LOl. Thanks.