bakeng
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Plasma Control

Post by bakeng »

Our next project is a plasma table. Do you have PLC software for Plasma control?
Mainly looking for Z height control. It would have to read an A/D input and adjust Z accordingly.
Hoping to see voltage settings in CNC11 also.
cncsnw

Re: Plasma Control

Post by cncsnw »

Theoretically the building blocks are there.

I don't know if anyone has made it work well yet. You should anticipate an extensive trial and error period.

See the PLC system variables SV_MPG_n_OFFSET_MODE, SV_MPG_n_PLC_MPG_MODE, and SV_MPG_n_OFFSET.

If I recall correctly, there was some unintuitive behavior when the MPG offset mode was turned off. The control would want to move to cancel the offset amount, rather than staying put until commanded to go somewhere else. Therefore you had to ramp the offset back to zero once at a safe clearance height (somewhere where the resultant movement would neither crash the tool nor exceed the Z+ travel limit). However, that was several years ago. The feature may be better defined now.
Centroid_Liviu
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Plasma Control

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

We don't have a basic plasma PLC program as of this time. However I know it has been done for one off custom jobs using a custom PLC program and the ADD4AD4AD board (4 Analog I/O). Scott is out for the day but he should able to elaborate further.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)