backyard_cnc
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

How can I set the DRO reading for Home.

Post by backyard_cnc »

I have my machine set to home at the +Z, +x, +y position and I would like that position to be reflected in a relative sense to the work envelope of my table. In other words I have 18" of travel in X but at the home position I have a DRO reading of say -11.2755 or some such number. I would find it easier to relate to things if I could reset the DRO at the home position to be numbers I could relate to relative the actual table . Is there a parameter setting for this HOME DRO reading?

Thanks
Gerald
backyard_cnc

Re: How can I set the DRO reading for Home.

Post by backyard_cnc »

After some more ng on the forum I am wondering if I am actually homing since the DRO doesn't reset to 0.0's ?? It does travel to the limit switch trip and then moves off but the DRO doesn't reset. I guess I have more to read and likely configure.

Gerald
backyard_cnc

Re: How can I set the DRO reading for Home.

Post by backyard_cnc »

Ok so more reading time in the book and on the forum and I almost feel silly. :oops: Realized that I was looking at the wrong DRO and once I did an ALT D to toggle them to Machine from WCS , the readout is now correct 0,0,0 at the home position as it should be. I also edited my cncm.hom file to get the desired +x +y +z home position.

Gerald