backyard_cnc
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

So heres a weird one! Please Help me??

Post by backyard_cnc »

After a 3 year absence since first installing my ALLINONE control on my EXCELLO mill I have finally gotten back to this project. I just yesterday purchased and entered my unlock codes and the machine lives again EXCEPT: It JOGS smoothly fast or slow no issues, go to MDI mode and issue a G0 rapid move and all is smooth and excellent HOWEVER issue a G1 linear feed and the motion is all twitchy at slower speeds and downright skitzoid if you set the feed to say 20IPM with the axis basically stalling twitching and load meters solid red???. How can it be so smooth and normal for JOGGING and G0 but be so wrong with a G1. I don't recall having this issue previously when I was just running the demo CNC11 and I had run a few simple part files. I am afraid to run a file until I can figure out why a G1 in MDI does such weird stuff.

Any and all advice or comments greatly appreciated.

Gerald
backyard_cnc

Re: So heres a weird one! Please Help me??

Post by backyard_cnc »

well more reading and I am beginning to wonder if my G1 jerky motion issues are somehow related to the spindle speed. Initially I was just issuing G1 moves in MDI mode with the spindle turned off but with the spindle actually running it somehow seems slightly different, short moves are so so as far as smoothness but longer moves are still jerky but at least they complete. Jogging or G0 moves are smooth rapid and normal. I see there are parameters related to motion relative to spindle speed so I am wondering if these relate to my issue.

Gerald
backyard_cnc

Post by backyard_cnc »

well a few more tests with G1 and spindle running and I doubt they are related. Issue a G1 move and on a very short move it might complete say less than 0.25" but ask for 1" of motion and the axis will start to move and then go crazy twitchy oscillating back and forth sort of scenario which I immediately have to cancel due to its almost violent nature as it tries to complete. BUt again Jogging or G0 motion is smooth and nice?

Gerald
Centroid_Liviu
DC3IOB: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

Gerald,

Can you generate a report (from the main menu F7-Utilities, F7-Report) and send the report.zip to tech@ajaxcnc.com. It will allow us to see what your settings and parameters are set to.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Hi Gerald,

As always, when posting questions or emailing for support, please post or email a current report.zip from your system. Without a report.zip, we don't have access to any of the specifics of your configuration and can only guess at what the cause of your issues may be.

That said, my guess is that Kd isn't set correctly. I'd guess it's too low (but it could be too high). I'd adjust it up or down by ~25% to see if it improved or got worse and go from there.

Ideally, email or post your report, connect to Teamviewer and call us with your Teamviewer ID and password. We can probably fix this in 5 mins or less.
backyard_cnc

Post by backyard_cnc »

Thanks Scott I figured it had to be a config problem of some sort for it to move so well in all but the G01 . Will generate a report later today when I get back to the shop and send it along.

Gerald