**RESOLVED** air speed control

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

rigidram

**RESOLVED** air speed control

Post by rigidram »

purchased your servo pc tower (centroid based), the encoders and prewire, cap and bridge. getting ready to purchase the last leg of it which is the MPU11 and the DC3IOb. accoring to your boss schematic you use 2) M15sprly 5v relays to activate the 24vdc solenoids. I have the original front panel hooked up for off and auto brake plus the up and down speed control. I would like to also use your penant which I assume lines up with the H5 10 pin connector for the spindle-and + and brake on the penant. does the board have the input option for 24vdc in that location or will I have to get 5v relays? do they have a part # for ordering.
diycncscott

Re: air speed control

Post by diycncscott »

Rigidram,

You can use 24V input devices on the auxiliary inputs. Please be sure that the SIPS are 2.2K
-Extra SIPS were supplied with the kit
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Auxiliary outputs, such as those on H5, are designed to be 5VDC only.

Looking at the open-collector output diagram on page 3 of the DC3IOB manual, you could probably get away with 24V relays powered by an external supply, as long as you connect the minus (0V, COM, ...) side of that supply to the common side of the 5V supply on the DC3IOB. However, I wouldn't chance it, since 5V relay are easy enough to come by.

Just for starters:
http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... tId=174450
http://www.alliedelec.com/search/produc ... KU=8214203

Or you could use any number of solid-state relays, such as:
http://www.power-io.com/products/oac.htm

And just to be clear: the Centroid pendant plugs into the JOG PANEL header on the MPU11 board, and sends encoded keypress events directly to the PLC logic program for handling. It is the PLC program that decides what outputs to activate in response to what keypresses. There is no direct connection between the pendant and any inputs or outputs on the DC3IOB unit.
rigidram

Post by rigidram »

thanks scott and cncsnw, for the info. probably end up going with the power -io solid state relays which will fit nicely on my din rail. Ill post the pics when when completed
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Hi Rigid,

I just posted a PLC program for the BOSS kits that uses the Mist, Spin Reset and Clamp outputs to control the speedup/down and spindle brake. These are all relay contact closure outputs and , as such, you can wire your 24VDC directly through them.

Please see below for the PLC program and notes:

For BOSS Speed Up/Down w/Spindle Brake MPU11/DC3IOB based mill controls:
http://ajaxcnc.com/tech/downloads/softw ... /index.php
Note for BOSS PLC:
Utilizes "Mist" output (OUT4) for Spindle Brake
Utilizes "Spin Reset" Ouput (OUT15) for SpeedDown
Utilizes "Clamp" Output (OUT30) for Speed Up

Control: Aux2Key is the manual SpindleBrakeKey, press it once to turn SpindleBrake on,
press it again to turn off. Starting the spindle turns off SpindleBrake in all cases

Aux2 LED indicates that the brake output is on

Aux1Key is the BrakeModeKey, Aux1LED(BrakeModeLED) indicates when BrakeMode
is active. When BrakeMode is active, the SpindleBrake will turn on when spindle enable turns off.

The value of parameter 175 determines how long the SpindleBrake will stay on after the spindle
is turned off. A value of 0 configures the SpindleBrake output to stay on when the spindle is turned off,
any other positive value indicates the number of seconds that the SpindleBrake will remain on after the
Spindle Enable is turned off.
Ajax
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: can't access serial no. until
software is installed. Soon.
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by Ajax »

We are almost there in hopefully being ready to run parts

Downloaded the zip file for spindle air speed increase/decrease using our 24DC valves, but don't know how to incorporate the programs or load into cnc system

currently have wired as 24 vdc with your outputs from mist for mist, form Rot Clamp for Increase Spindle Speed, and from Spin Reset for Decrease Spindle Speed.
I notice you changed or gave us the option from our Brake 5 volt relay to operate Brake with Contact to your out4 MIst Contact to operate Brake.
Didn't know why this change except to elimiate 5 volt relay
I figure we can stll leave hooked up from Brake H1 location for brake and use the + and - from pendent for out 15 and out 30 (increase/decrease of spindle and possible option of mist for mist vs brake if brake can still be used from H1 output.

Your new program files for Increase (+) and Decrease (-) for Spindle along with Mist as Brake option.

xplc.sym
dc3iob-basic-boss.src
mpu.plc

Where do I insert these files or how do I setup to run the Mach3 Mill program to incorporate the new program changes?

need your input....

Thanks,
Whitey
Heraldize, Inc
Fort Wayne, In
(260)747-1519
AnthonyOhio
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 929100262
More than 1 system
CNC11: Yes

Post by AnthonyOhio »

Scott,

I Have OUT15 and OUT30 wired for Speed-down and Speed-up, respectively. What buttons control Speed-down and Speed-up?

However; I do not would like to keep the mist.

Can you provide assistance?
-Anthony
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Anthony,

The speed Up/Down keys are the + & - keys in the spindle section on the jog panel.

If you don't want to give up Mist (or Flood), you can wire a 5V relay into one of the aux outputs
and re-map it in the PLC program.

If you pick an output, let me know and I'll use it here to post an example of how to remap
a PLC output and recompile the PLC
AnthonyOhio
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 929100262
More than 1 system
CNC11: Yes

Post by AnthonyOhio »

Hello Scott,

For the Spindle Brake I will use 'Auxiliary 2 (37)' according to the DC3BMAN.pdf that is Connector H5, Pin 1.
(Wired to a 5v relay, of course)

I am looking forward to learning more about writing and compliling PLC programs!

Thank You,

Anthony
-Anthony
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Fixed with BOSS PLC install