Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A50334
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

DM 45 Screen and Controller Issues

Post by AOK »

Hi all.
1st time here. I've had my DM45 3-axis TR BedMill since June of '08 and have been extremely happy with it. Though a recent issue has popped up. After flipping the main power switch on, the screen shows the Acer logo then the dreaded box "No Signal" pops up. Nothing after that, and no power to the controller,and the work light won't come on. I'm lost on what the problem could be.All connections have been checked, unplugged and re-plugged. I do believe I still have 2 "FREE" hours of phone tech support, since I haven't needed to make an inquiry since the day it was installed. Any info would be greatly appreciated..........THANKS!
Centroid_Liviu
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes

Re: DM 45 Screen and Controller Issues

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

It sounds as though your PC is not booting. I expect the reason is that the CMOS battery died. It's easy enough to boot, you just need to short the power pins on the Motherboard.

Unfortunately, our records don't show what Motherboard is installed in that system or I could provide documents that detail exactly where to find the pins and where the battery is so you can replace it. If you could remove the sheet metal cover from the PC in the electrical cabinet and read the Motherboard model number off of the Motherboard (it's silk screened on the MB in big letters) and let me know what it is, I'll email you the document that matches your MB
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
AOK
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A50334
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No

Post by AOK »

Replaced the battery as per your instructions, jumped the Power Switch pins................NO SIGNAL!
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Okay, next most likely cause is a failed PC power supply. Try a different mATX or ATX supply and see if you can get it to power up.