Don't let "Stupid" sleep in your back room!

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

AMDlloydsp
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0605130770
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Don't let "Stupid" sleep in your back room!

Post by AMDlloydsp »

dumb!
My youngest guy (the 'computer expert') decided he was going to do some sleuthing last night to 'fix' our file sharing problems with the CNC11 machine.

He presumably made backups of everything critical (which I cannot confirm, except on his word), and set about to uninstall and re-install CNC11.

It erased all our authorizations and 'unlock codes'.

Don't do this, or let anyone else do this, unless you do a full IMAGE backup of your machine first!

Liviu is on the case, so I'm sure we'll be OK... but DAMN!

"Stupid" is going to run the cold saw for a few weeks, until he gets some humility and/or common sense!

Lloyd
AMDlloydsp

Re: Don't let "Stupid" sleep in your back room!

Post by AMDlloydsp »

Liviu,
There's one more odd thing going on after he re-installed CNC11.

This does NOT prevent us from working normally... it's just an irritating message, which starting a 'machine home' sequence removes.

Upon a power-up reset of the AllinOneDC board (but NOT the control PC, which may be power-reset or not but doesn't affect symptoms), we get the red-on-white alert that Our machine is NOT READY to use... contact support.
In the message lines, we see "MPG cable fault".

We don't have an MPG, just a jog panel. I checked parm 19, at it WAS set to "2", enabling the MPG X and Y axes. (z was not enabled separately with the +4). I set it to zero, saved the parms, re-booted everything from power-up, and the message still appears. I then checked the parms, and 19 is still zero.

Like I said, all I have to do is hit the home key, and the message goes away. It seems not to affect anything we do... it's just irritating, because it was never there before.

(PS... I also ran "test", and recalled after doing it, that I had to modify the original test routine for the XY limits of the R2E4... but other than that, it ran fine, and the error still exists.)

LLoyd
Last edited by AMDlloydsp on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Centroid_Liviu
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

Can you send us a report (F7-Utilties, F7-Report) to tech@ajaxcnc.com when you get a chance. We would just need the report.zip generated.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
AMDlloydsp

Post by AMDlloydsp »

On the way. I ran one as soon as I started looking for the problem.

Lloyd
AMDlloydsp

Post by AMDlloydsp »

Again, Ajax comes through!

There's a parameter that can be set with an unlock code in the options menu to turn off the 'test' screen.

It's a decimal-ized version of your serial number.

All fixed!

Lloyd
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

AMDlloydsp wrote:I checked parm 19, at it WAS set to "2", enabling the MPG X and Y axes. (z was not enabled separately with the +4). I set it to zero, saved the parms, re-booted everything from power-up, and the message still appears. I then checked the parms, and 19 is still zero.
I probably should not comment here, since I have not built and tested a replica of Lloyd's system, nor done an exhaustive search for undocumented features and changes, but....

The "Z axis MPG" feature referred in the operator's manual description Parameter 19 is misleading.

That feature has nothing do with with ordinary MPG pendant operation, whether 2-axis, 3-axis, or 6-axis.

Instead, it has to do with a little-used feature, developed for waterjet (and perhaps plasma?) applications, that allows you to offset the Z axis up or down using the MPG handwheel, on the fly as a CNC job is running. As noted in the manual, standard PLC programs do not support that feature anyway, so the value of Parameter 19 is not particularly important.
AMDlloydsp

Post by AMDlloydsp »

Thanks.

It didn't make any difference. It wasn't even related to the problem, as it turns out.

All I was seeing was the ordinary diagnostics which always come up concerning a disconnected MPG. I never noticed them before, because the big TEST pane never came up before declaring our machine wasn't ready to run... When something odd happens, you visually and manually record everything.

The only problem was that we had not 'unlocked' the test mode reports. They go away after inserting your decimal-ized serial number as the unlock code to option #295. (four digits to the right of the decimal)

Since we have no MPG, and have no waterjet system to offset in Z, I guess that setting makes no difference at all. ;)

Lloyd
blackgul
CNC Control System Serial Number: CNC11
DC3IOB: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by blackgul »

This does NOT prevent us from working normally... it's just an irritating message, which starting a 'machine home' sequence removes.

Upon a power-up reset of the AllinOneDC board (but NOT the control PC, which may be power-reset or not but doesn't affect symptoms), we get the red-on-white alert that Our machine is NOT READY to use... contact support.
In the message lines, we see "MPG cable fault".

We don't have an MPG, just a jog panel. I checked parm 19, at it WAS set to "2", enabling the MPG X and Y axes. (z was not enabled separately with the +4). I set it to zero, saved the parms, re-booted everything from power-up, and the message still appears. I then checked the parms, and 19 is still zero.

Like I said, all I have to do is hit the home key, and the message goes away. It seems not to affect anything we do... it's just irritating, because it was never there before.
AMDlloydsp

Post by AMDlloydsp »

GuL ???

Were you just needling me because I stated earlier that "it was never there before", or did you have some other purpose for quoting my entire statement, and not adding any comment of your own?

If the former: We never noticed it before... OK?
If the latter: You forgot to add your own comment.
<G>

Lloyd