AMDlloydsp
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0605130770
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Sorting the posts

Post by AMDlloydsp »

Retract the last... Instead, how about putting a visual separator between your top few "sticky posts" and the regular user posts, so we can easily discern which is newest in each group?

Lloyd
Centroid_Liviu
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Sorting the posts

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

Thank you for your suggestion. I will see what I can do. If your logged in though, new posts or posts with a new reply since you've last been to them will be a different color.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
AMDlloydsp

Post by AMDlloydsp »

ajaxliviu wrote:Thank you for your suggestion. I will see what I can do. If your logged in though, new posts or posts with a new reply since you've last been to them will be a different color.
----
Liviu,
Only the "icon" at the left appears different on _recent_ posts, but it doesn't seem to change, whether or not I've read it (while logged in).

I was using Explorer, and changed to Firefox to see if it made a difference. It didn't.

Because, if you sort by 'time' (really time-date), the most recent post will always be at the top of the group of user posts. So a separator line would delineate that very clearly.

Tell me what I'm doing wrong, if I have my browser set up wrong to see the visual cues.

Lloyd
AMDlloydsp

Post by AMDlloydsp »

Liviu,

Sorry... my color selections obscured the slightly 'pink' new-post color. A change of settings fixed that.

If you would, though, the visual separator 'twixt admin and user posts would make the display cleaner.

Lloyd
AMDlloydsp

Post by AMDlloydsp »

Liviu,

It would also be nice if the "descending" or "ascending" flag was 'sticky' throughout, instead of only in the Board Index. Some folks like to see the most recent post in a thread at the top (at least if the BBS doesn't go to the last post automatically).

Making the flag sticky through all reads would assure that.

Or... maybe there's a way to make phpBB jump to the first unread post when a thread is selected???

I participate in a number of fora where that's the mode of operation (jumping to the first unread post), and it makes it very convenient to stay up-to-date without having to scroll through a bunch of stuff you've already read.

Thanks,
Lloyd