**Resolved** mpu11 erhernet port gone dark and no com.

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

rppman

**Resolved** mpu11 erhernet port gone dark and no com.

Post by rppman »

Well, if i wasn't having enough trouble with x axis fault already, now my mpu11 Ethernet port went dark. The pc is the same.
I downloaded what I thought was cnc11 demo but them when it started it wanted to establish conection with the mpu11 that's when the ports stopped working. Also, the the only green light that is on the mpu11 is the 5v . All others are dark?.
diycncscott

Re: mpu11 erhernet port gone dark and no com.

Post by diycncscott »

Did you power off at anytime while the MPU11 was initializing?

1. Power everything off. Computer, electrical cabinet -everything.
2. Power up PC, but don't start Mach or CNC11.
3. Power up electrical cabinet and watch the MPU11 LED's
4. The 4 LED's should all come on just as power is applied and within a second or so the outside two will stay solid
and the second one in from the power connector will flutter for 15-30 seconds while it attempts to intialize
5. After initializing, the 3rd LED will go solid and the second will flash approx twice per second.

What does yours do?
rppman

Post by rppman »

Ok i did what you said and everything is still dark except the 5v. Computer is on but mach and cnc11 is not open. I may have powered down while the mpu11 was initiating .The computer keeps saying a cable may be unplugged down in the right hand corner. I replaced the network driver last night on my computer thinking I might fix the computer side of things. But it seems it did little good. I may need to get a new Ethernet card.

So if the mpu11 wasn't getting signal from the pc would the other lights still come on?
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Yes,

Those LED's should come on - it sounds like your MPU11 has had the bootloader corrupted. You can send it in for repair or we can send you a boot stick for $150.00 (it plugs into the MPU11, and when the MPU11 is powered it will load a valid boot file.) The minimum repair fee is $175.00 so it would be cheaper (and faster) to get the boot stick -and you can always reuse the boot stick if you ever have this problem again.
rppman

Post by rppman »

Ok thanks Scott. I was thinking of sending it and my dc310b in because i still have the x axis drive fault problem to deal with also. Unless you think we would be able to overcome that. I unloaded mach3 and the ajax plugin and then reloaded. Swiched motors incase it was a motor. I am thinking that it must be my drive. I have only had it a couple of years. Thanks,
rppman

Post by rppman »

Sent the dc310b and mpu11 off today to Ajax. I will post what the problem was once they find out. Thanks, Scott
rppman

Post by rppman »

Well I got my system back from ajax and everything is working great. I guess the mpu 11
Had a lot of problems. I don't know what caused it but hopefully I don't have anymore problems.
I would like to say thanks to the ajax staff for resolving my problem quickly. Thanks from
Precision Machining Centers.
rppman

Re: mpu11 erhernet port gone dark **resolved**

Post by rppman »

Resolved.