X axis drive fault.... need help

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

rppman

X axis drive fault.... need help

Post by rppman »

I have been a proud owner of a dc310b and a mpu 11 for a couple of years now. Always works great. Today I started the mill up and hit reset. "X axis drive fault". I have done a search and was unable to find any of my type of situation. I checked connections, all lights on the boards are green. Debug light was flashing but i think it always does. Number readout displays "1" which I think is normal. I know I haven't done anything to the machine, so I am wandering about my mach3 plugin for ajax. My system has just over 1000 hrs. On it.
I need help ASAP as i need to complete an aircraft order. Thanks, Scott
rppman

Re: X axis drive fault.... need help

Post by rppman »

forgot to mention limits are jumped.
rppman

Post by rppman »

Come to think of it, I noticed the other day a little bit of noise coming from my x motor. I thought it was a ballscrew bearing. Could be a the motor? I have always had an issue with that axis. When i tuned that motor the setting were a lot different than the other two motors. If I put the same settings as the others the motor would go back and forth violently.
rppman

Post by rppman »

Ok I have done some more testing. I swiched x and y axis motor power and encoders to see if the problem followed the motor and it did not. Still said x axis drive fault. I will do a system check here in a while and see if i get any errors. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Scott.
Centroid_Liviu
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

Have you made any changes to your software configuration? You can try re-installing Mach3 and the plug-in (the install may have become corrupted somehow). Can you attach a screenshot of your configuration screen?
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
rppman

Post by rppman »

Mach3 has a system restore up to the previous 22 runs. I did that with no luck. I have not did a reload of mach3 and the plugin yet. I will try and get a snap shot of my config. Screen. You are talking about the ajax config screen right? Thanks for the help.
rppman

Post by rppman »

rppman

Post by rppman »

rppman

Post by rppman »

When you reload mach3 and the plugin do you need to uninstall them first?
Centroid_Liviu
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

You would need to uninstall them first. You should be given the option to keep your configuration backups but I would copy them over to a safe location just in case.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)