Centroid_Liviu
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: X axis drive fault.... need help

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

Unfortunately our Mach3 technical expert is out for the day, but I personally don't see anything wrong with your configuration. You wouldn't happen to also have CNC11 set up as well? Its possible its an issue with the board itself. Do you know your serial number or key-a number?
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
rppman

Post by rppman »

No i don't have cnc11 installed. The number on the mpu11 is 0122100129.
rppman

Post by rppman »

This is a readout when i run the error test in mach3. Don't know if the error about the modbus is correct. The picture got cutt of but it says " unless using modbus, this is incorrect.".
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Scott,

The test in Mach does not apply to our system - only to those using step and direction output.

Also, once you get an axis drive fault, you must cycle the Estop in order to clear the fault.
Does the DRO update for the X axis when you move the axis manually?
rppman

Post by rppman »

Yes i cycles the reset after the fault happened. I did also check the encoder and it is working.
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

1. Cycle Estop - don't try to move anything.
2. Does the Estop contactor pull in when you release estop?
3. Do you have motor power at the drive? (~120VDC)
4. What is displayed on the drive LED?
rppman

Post by rppman »

Contactor does not go in when reset is hit. I checked voltage to the contactor and it is right. My motors need 90volts. So to answer your question, I don't have full power to the drive because the estop won't release. On the diaognestics page when I hit reset enable 1 ,2 ,3 light up breifly then the " x axis drive fault".
rppman

Post by rppman »

Thanks Scott for your help. But i need to put this problem on hold until I can get my computer to start talking to the mph11. Please look at my other thread. Thanks, Scott
rppman

Post by rppman »

Sent the dc310b and mpu11 off today to Ajax. I will post what the problem was once they find out. Thanks, Scott
rppman

Post by rppman »

Well I got my system back from ajax and everything is working great. I guess the mpu 11
Had a lot of problems. I don't know what caused it but hopefully I don't have anymore problems.
I would like to say thanks to the ajax staff for resolving my problem quickly. Thanks from
Precision Machining Centers.