Program crashes spindle on M6

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

please no smoke

Program crashes spindle on M6

Post by please no smoke »

When running a G code file, after the first tool is done the machine goes home and waits for me to change to the next tool. When I am done and push the start button the program stays on M6 and the spindle moves up (Z+) until it crashes into the limit. This only happens on a tool change. I am using the original Ajax M6 macro as far as I know. It's like it's confused on where the home is even though it is already there.
CNC-Global
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Program crashes spindle on M6

Post by CNC-Global »

First of all you do not set the Soft limit properly .If you set soft limit properly then it will never crushes with Limit switch.
Please set it
F1(setup) --->F3(config)--->enter password---->F2(Mach)---->F1(Jog)
Z-axis Soft Limit.JPG

Now after properly set the Z Travel+ and Travel- Control give you a Z-axis Travel message in the specific file Kindly inform for further remedies.

Also picture of the screen is also helpful to understand

CNC Global
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

He didn't say, but I think he is probably using Mach3, not CNC11.

If he is using CNC11, and changing tools manually, then he should not have any M6 macro.

CNC-Global is correct: if using CNC11, with software travel limits entered properly, there should be no way to run into the limit switch. You will get no movement, and an error message instead (e.g. "Z axis travel exceeded, mfunc6.mac line 5").

Maybe someone who knows Mach3 can suggest how to find the M6 macro and decipher what it is doing, and also address how to set software travel limits in Mach3.
please no smoke

Post by please no smoke »

Sorry. It is mach. It looks like my soft limits are set correctly but I will look again, they may have been off at the time.

I played with the M6 macro changing a < to > and the spindle went the other way about three inches. It just seems like a macro problem. I am calling z home (fully retracted) 0, then any moves are negative in machine coordinates, maybe this is a bad idea??