lauyder
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900104
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

I did so buy a permanent unlock

Post by lauyder »

On my Lathe I get the screen saying that I need to contact my dealer for a permanent unlock. ways too often. sometimes I have to restart 5 times before it will load to the correct screen.
cncsnw

Re: I did so buy a permanent unlock

Post by cncsnw »

Your profile says you are using Mach3.

Are you using CNC11 or Mach3?

Assuming you are using CNC11: when it says the demo has expired and you do not have permanent unlock codes entered, you should press F2 to display the system key. What does it say?

In previous generations (CPU7 and CPU10) I have seen rare situations where the software would fail to retrieve the system ID key off the controller board. Lacking a system key that matches your unlock codes, the control reports that you do not have the proper unlock codes. If that is what is happening to you, you should see something other than your correct system key value on those occasions where it fails.
lauyder

Post by lauyder »

when I press F2 I get a little screen saying "error- press any key" when I hit F10 (continue) the system ID says 00000000 and PC PLC says none. when I go to the utilities screen and options it says System ID error (00000000)
And yes I run cnc11. I wasn't planning on using centroid but once I'd bought and installed the system I couldn't make Mach3 work and was told that I doesn't work for a lathe. so i had to buy Centroid. I'd like it so far if it wasn't for all the stupid glitches like this one. operating it is easy.
lauyder

Post by lauyder »

Another thing is the PC recieve data error. it never happens during machining. usually during programming I will hear the drives shut down. then I have to restart and get those "contact dealer for permanent unlocks" messages about 5 time before it will finally open correctly. can anyone help me with that?
77randyc
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes

Post by 77randyc »

I have the exact same problem with my cnc11 for a mill. It takes me at least 5 times shutting ever thing down then back up to power up right. It was tough in the beginning
before I knew I had to turn it off and on so many times, I must have changed wiring and reloaded software 100 times. So I would like a fix for this too.

Randy