CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Bench testing new OAK with CNC12

Post by jason1098 »

SUCCESS!!!!

Marty - Thank you so much for posting your video. It solved the problem.

I'm embarrassed to say what the problem was, but I know it's important to let you all know how dumb I feel.

The first hold up that I was having was because of the missing instructions for changing the parameters. That was solved very early in this thread.

The problem that I was having with the MDI not accepting my block was because I was entering the command: M3 S750 and pressing 'enter' - not entring the blocking and pressing the cycle start. On the machine at work, the block has to be 'entered' before cycle start is pressed.... and that is what i ASSUMED was common... obviously it is not. Without seeing it the video, I would have continued to press 'Enter' after the block and continued to get the error.

It's a lesson for me in assumptions and following instructions.

Thank you all for all your effort in fixing this. Everything is working fine now and I will start with the wiring of the real components.

Marty - I know posting that video took you time and I appreciate it more than I can say. There are three important parameters that need to be changed that are not in the instructions, so a technical builtin would probably be a good addition for the Centroid team - it would have solved my initial frustration (although I may have still been stuck on the 'enter' vs 'cycle start') :oops:

-jason (forever humbled and embarrassed)
Gary Campbell
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: Acorn 238

Post by Gary Campbell »

When you press ENTER, does the machine not display "Press Cycle Start"?
GCnC Control
CNC Control & Retrofits
https://www.youtube.com/user/Islaww1/videos
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Gary Campbell wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:10 am When you press ENTER, does the machine not display "Press Cycle Start"?
Yes it does Gary,
But envision that a new person to Centroid, may not know how to hit Cycle Start with no jog panel or VCP initially.
We are working on new All in One DC and OAK install guides, a screen shot of VCP needs to be added and how to get it to come up on the screen, and most likely letting the user know in specific sections that require it, that Alt-s is the keyboard short cut for Cycle Start.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
martyscncgarage
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

jason1098 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:09 am SUCCESS!!!!

Marty - Thank you so much for posting your video. It solved the problem.

I'm embarrassed to say what the problem was, but I know it's important to let you all know how dumb I feel.

The first hold up that I was having was because of the missing instructions for changing the parameters. That was solved very early in this thread.

The problem that I was having with the MDI not accepting my block was because I was entering the command: M3 S750 and pressing 'enter' - not entring the blocking and pressing the cycle start. On the machine at work, the block has to be 'entered' before cycle start is pressed.... and that is what i ASSUMED was common... obviously it is not. Without seeing it the video, I would have continued to press 'Enter' after the block and continued to get the error.

It's a lesson for me in assumptions and following instructions.

Thank you all for all your effort in fixing this. Everything is working fine now and I will start with the wiring of the real components.

Marty - I know posting that video took you time and I appreciate it more than I can say. There are three important parameters that need to be changed that are not in the instructions, so a technical builtin would probably be a good addition for the Centroid team - it would have solved my initial frustration (although I may have still been stuck on the 'enter' vs 'cycle start') :oops:

-jason (forever humbled and embarrassed)
Jason, please don't feel embarrassed. I bet you feel relief that this part is behind you and you can move forward.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, then a video is priceless. Thank you for appreciating the time it takes to put a video together. When I hear the appreciation, it makes me feel better about taking the time to do them. While it helped you, the video is there to help others. Thank you for posting your experience. We are currently working on revising the All in One DC (and subsequently OAK) installation guides. SO your sharing your experience is very timely. It will help make the install guides better.

You are to be commended for taking your time, and following the installation manual, and being concerned that something isn't going right. You are doing the right things.

Move forward, continue to be cautious, take the time to ask questions, be sure to include pictures, screen shots or even video clips and a report as you ask questions. ALL very important to help us "SEE" what you see.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
jason1098
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes

Post by jason1098 »

thank you everyone.

Regarding the comment:
When you press ENTER, does the machine not display "Press Cycle Start"?
It does display that now: When I enter MDI, type in "M3 S750" and hit 'ENTER' - it comes up saying "PRESS CYCLE START TO CONTINUE" there is no fault:
press cycle start.PNG

However, Initially, it came up like this (with 327 fault: job cancelled):

327 fault - job cancelled.PNG

I'm not sure what has changed that it no longer gives me a 327 fault, but it doesn't so i'm happy.

I just wanted to point out that if I had not seen the "327 FAULT - Job Cancelled" and there was a "Press Cycle Start.." it wouldn't have got me so hung up.

I have tested it multiple times now, pressing ENTER and just pressing the green cycle start VCP button and I never get the 327 FAULT: Job cancelled. So, something has changed, but I have not changed anything (intentionally)

Now i'm working on more important things but I wanted to point it out.

thanks,

-jason