Riley
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

turn all outputs off

Post by Riley »

Does anyone know a way to turn all modbus outputs off if the software goes down? I'm using mach 3 and was running fine till mach said it had an error and shut down. The problem I had was my Z axis brake stayed powered and the tooling drifted down onto the workpiece.....rather quickly! Can my ajax control turn outputs off once mach 3 has gone offline?
please no smoke

Re: turn all outputs off

Post by please no smoke »

I have the same problem. If you close mach without turning off the power to the relays the x axis shoots the table at the wall until it hard stops :shock: . I put an ups on the computer but it does not handle mach crashing.
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

I'll look into having this added.
Riley
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by Riley »

Any updates on this issue? Has only happened twice but just thought I would check as this would be a nice safety feature. Thanks.
valenciaoranges
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: Mach plugin: 1.16, FPGA:0.56, DDSP:1337.9, SN 1010120574
Firmware 442 2011/03/21, PLC1.4

Post by valenciaoranges »

Need this feature. Z axis crash on DC All In One makes this system unsafe. Everything else is working perfectly on my personal retrofit however (unfortunately) I can not recommend the system to any other person due to the lack of system shutdown on loss of Mach3 or Windows. And, as everybody knows, windows does hang up and crash occasionally. If somebody has this figured out I would like to know and can respond to my recent post on this subject. Search "charge pump" for the recent post.