Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 1128170505
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Adding a 4th axis fault

Post by bcarlsen »

Hi All,

I've got my bridgeport CNC conversion working with X,Y, and Z axes. I'm using an OAK board, CNC11, with Estun AC servos. The system test has been passed. However, when I try to enable a 4th axis rotary table, I get the following fault:
"9061 FOURTH AXIS NOT CONFIGURED. CYCLE ESTOP AND RUN M10 FROM MDI TO CONFIGURE"

I've set parameter 94 to 1 to enable rotary axis on axis 4. The rotary table has no home switch, clamp, or clamp activated signal. I'm driving the table with an Estun AC servo (same as the x,y and z).

If I do as suggested in the above error message, nothing happens. If I cycle Estop, I can jog the rotary axis and everything appears OK for about 30 seconds, then the 9061 message appears and everything stops. I looked at the PLC program which is where the message is coming from, and it appears to be reading a system parameter in CNC11 named SV_MACHINE_PARAMETER_800 and reporting the error when it = 0. I don't have access to this parameter number, so I'm lost at this point.

I have a suspicion that there is something very simple I've neglected and would greatly appreciate a pointer in the right direction.

Thanks,
Bill
Attachments
report_1128170505_2018-11-24_16-22-27.zip
(3.17 MiB) Downloaded 102 times
Centroid_Tech

Re: Adding a 4th axis fault

Post by Centroid_Tech »

The custom M10 macro in your report is not the correct one for that particular PLC program. If you would like, you can copy the correct M10 into your c:\cncm directory and then run the M10. Another option would be to press F3(MDI) and type G10 P800 R2 since your 4th axis does not have a clamp associated with it. Thanks.
Attachments
mfunc10.mac
(844 Bytes) Downloaded 131 times
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..
bcarlsen
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 1128170505
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Adding a 4th axis fault

Post by bcarlsen »

Problem solved! Thank you.

There was one small glitch that occurred afterwards, that I was able to fix myself. For anyone in the same boat as I, here's what I did:
Once the machine was in 4-axis mode, on power up it would home x,y and z and then stop and claim the machine wasn't homed. I have home/limit switches on x,y, and z. My 4th axis rotary table, however, has no home switch. So I though I was going to be forced to resort to "Jog Home" mode for all 4 axes (no fun and tedious). But, I found that if you modify the cncm.hom file to include the following line at the end of the file: M26 /A then CNC11 assumes you've jogged the 4th axis to zero before running the homing program and the homing sequence completes properly (my 4th axis is called A).

Next step...making chips!

Thanks again for your help,
Bill