Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0130181900
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Help with Allin1dc CNC11 to CNC12 upgrade

Post by Joe »

Looking for some help or comments on our Allin1 DC version 11 to version 12 (for the touchscreen use).

I have been putting it off (from going to CNC11 to CNC12) to see if anyone else was going to complete the upgrade before us :) . But I didn't see too much activity on the forum here. I didn't see any upgrade notes posted anywhere either, so started to figure maybe it was a straight shot to complete it... So, yesterday and today I have been working on this, am stuck, and this is where I stand. Maybe someone can provide their thoughts. I also have attached our setup file in case it is needed. The machine is a basic bridgeport V2XT knee mill, nothing extra, nothing fancy. The CNC11 seemed to run fine so far on this allin1dc upgrade (just this summer), but we have only done a few small test run pieces, no real work yet. Been working in other directions in the meantime, and at this point just needing the CNC12 touchscreen program to finish.

I will try to spell out the order of what I did here:
I backed up the settings file on CNC11. I ran the setup file found on the CNC12 folder and chose the Mill option (not the demo). When the files loaded the option then came up in a separate window to choose the PLC program needed. I ran through the list under the AllinoneDC drop downs and found the "basic" program and selected it (I am thinking this is where I made a mistake). The only other program that seemed logical was the "BasicVCPMpgBeta" program. I didn't think that program was correct as it stated "Beta" in the name. After then restarting the PC and the controller, and then into CNC12 (which started correctly), then loaded my settings from CNC11. Then restarted both the PC and the controller again. I was able to get correct movement on the mill and things seemed in order, but I was not able to get the touch jog screen to come up. I did then finally find in-bedded in the release notes (I missed it on the first read go around) that parameter 219 needed to be changed to a value greater than zero, for the touch panel to be loaded and displayed. I went back in and did this, and wala the touchscreen jog panel is here(!). My next issue is the screen virtual jog panel does not actually seem to function. I can tell from the slight screen change when touching the jog panel buttons, that Windows 10 Pro is seeing the input on the graphic, but CNC12 is not responding to the touch buttons in any way (the other "F" keys on the bottom of the screen work when touched, but not the jog panel functions). Well, then digging through the new manual again but I can not find any mention of the touchscreen. Only a mention of a plc program adjustment was also necessary to use it... I then started to come to the conclusion that I should have ran (selected) the PLC program that stated "...VCPBeta". It seems obvious now that VCP stands for the "virtiual control panel", but I would have put money on it initially, that this was not the correct one to load.... So anyway, I have gone back and ran the install again from the start and then selected the "Beta" version when prompted, then after that was not successful, went back again and used the "PLC loader" program (in the directory) to install this version. But still no go on the functionally of the virtual jog panel... This reload was also done choosing the popup option to "overwrite old files". My thoughts are at this point that It appears maybe the actual "...VCPBeta" PLC program may not be installing into the controller, even though when watching the installation progress it appears that it does. When I go back into the "options" function in the menu (in CNC12), under the "software add-ons" screen, on the left hand side it states the "MPU PLC" is "allin1dc-basic-v5.src". I believe initially it actually showed a program with "...v6.src" here, again this was after the first attempt of the install, when just the "basic" version was chosen.

Any thoughts or any more details I have forgotten to add for help here?

Thanks!

Joe
Attachments
report_0130181900_2018-10-20_15-59-12.zip
(5.32 MiB) Downloaded 134 times
cncsnw

Re: Help with Allin1dc CNC11 to CNC12 upgrade

Post by cncsnw »

You do need the "...vcpmpg..." version of the PLC program, or something like it, installed and running.

Whenever you restore your old report files from CNC11, you will be restoring your previous PLC program with them.

Assuming that you have the new PLC program source still located in the c:\cncm directory (which is likely), you can just compile it from a command prompt. E.g.:

Code: Select all

mpucomp  allin1dc-basic-mill-skin2.src  mpu.plc
Joe
Acorn CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0130181900

Post by Joe »

Thanks much for the reply.

I do see that the "....skin2.src" program was listed in the zip install directory under the "...VCPmpgBeta" folder, but (as you suspected) have never seen it showing as installed in the CNC12 after selecting it.

I have done compiling for other industrial PLC's and programs some years ago, and am familiar with the concept, but am not familiar with what needs to be done here on the centroid. I did not come across any information that stated any of this before going forward with it. I must be missing a document somewhere. I will keep searching here around the site for something that eludes to this in the version upgrade.

If I understand you correctly, I also didn't know that the the report was not only all of your settings (to be transported back into the unit for re-installs, upgrade etc), but also included the entire plc program that these setpoints are in(?).
justinat
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by justinat »

Just had the same problem but with the Oak controller you need to install the VCP plc program and on CNC 12 you need to go into machine parameters page and on #219 Virtual Control Panel Options change the number from a zero to a 1
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

The compiled PLC program on a CNC11 or CNC12 control is "mpu.plc", located in the control software directory ("c:\cncm" on a mill).

You can have any number of PLC source files sitting around. Only that file which has been compiled into "mpu.plc" actually affects control operation.

It is likely that you have a copy of allin1dc-basic-mill-skin2.src in your c:\cncm directory, as a result of choosing the package that contains in the PLC installer. However, it is likely that your current mpu.plc file is the one which was restored from your previous Report.

You can remedy that by compiling allin1dc-basic-mill-skin2.src at the command prompt, using the command I provided. Don't forget to specify "mpu.plc" as the output file at the end of the command. Otherwise the compiled output is saved as "plc.out", and is ignored by the control.

It is likely, however, that there are some additional custom messages (e.g. in an accompanying "plcmsg.txt" file) and perhaps some different custom M function macro files (e.g. in "mfunc*.mac" files) that are supposed to go with the logic in allin1dc-basic-mill-skin2.src. Therefore you will be best served to use whatever method you like, to copy all the files from the "mpuplcprograms\_Mill\_ALLIN1DC\_basicVCPMpgBeta\cncm" directory that was part of the software installer, into your c:\cncm directory. That would include a compiled mpu.plc file, saving you the trouble of running the compile command.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC12: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

I have a knee mill as well.
What I did when I converted it to CNC12, was take screenshots of all the pertinent setup pages, and just start from scratch and then hand key in the setup info. Didn't take long and I was back up and running.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
RandyL
CNC Control System Serial Number: SYS ID - 0831171817 MPU 11 system

Post by RandyL »

Having similar issue.
just upgraded to cnc 12 from 11, allin1 system.

After I edited parameters page and on #219 Virtual Control Panel Options change the number from a zero to a 1.

the VCP applied to touch screen and looked correct.

Tested, x / y and z, all controlled correctly from what i can see.

Problem: Spindle control does not work, and now it also does not work from MDI mode.

I can see on the screen that it is comanding speed and direction on display, however there is no movement from spindle.

Any Ideas on how to resolve?
RandyL

Post by RandyL »

attached report.
report_0831171817_2019-01-26_13-53-32.zip
(5.06 MiB) Downloaded 196 times
thumbnai1l.jpg
thumbnail2.jpg
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

I can see on the screen that it is comanding speed and direction on display, however there is no movement from spindle.

Any Ideas on how to resolve?
I recommend using the Alt-i PLC Diagnostic display, to see whether OUT7 "SpindleEnableOut" is turning on. If it is, then you have a problem with your wiring or your spindle drive.

If OUT7 is not turning on, then you could use PLC Detective to review the logic around lines 2200-2260 to see either why the start command is not coming in, or perhaps why a stop command is overriding it.
RandyL

Post by RandyL »

I opened up my cabinet, TECO VFD has no display, quick check of power in = 240V. cycled power, no display. looks like VFD failed, I have inline breaker but they were not tripped. Not sure what happened as spindle was running fine before I switched to cnc12 this morning...

I have a new spare 5hp rated Hunyang VFD that I may try to use..

Any ideas about the teco 7300, is there a fuse or simple internal part to check? the manual I have does not show anything.