Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900460
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Need help re configuring PLC outputs

Post by dandonegan »

I have wired my three axis Hurco mill to the M 400S M39S wiring diagram dated 121010. I changed the version 6 all-in-one DC PLC program to match the outputs for my PLCADD16. Everything seemed to go fine when I modified the PLC program and recompiled. The problem that I'm having is that when I initiated M 19 output 26 is turning on as opposed to output 28. If anyone could give me some advice on what I'm doing wrong I would greatly appreciate it.

dan
Attachments
report.zip
(3.99 MiB) Downloaded 102 times
cncsnw

Re: Need help re configuring PLC outputs

Post by cncsnw »

Since OUT26 is the spindle cooling fan (which should come on whenever the spindle drive is enabled), it is not surprising that it comes on when you start an M19. The M19 macro (mfunc19.mac) contains an "M3 S300" line to run the spindle briefly before it tries to send the orient request to the PLC.

Unfortunately, your M19 macro does not match your PLC program. The macro tries to send the orient request with "M94/11". The PLC program defines an M19 orient request as "SV_M94_M95_19". That would require that the macro say "M94/19", and that a similar correction be made to the M5 and M20 macros. You could try making that change to the M19, M5 and M20 macros, but it is possible there are other macro <--> PLC compatibility issues as well.

Perhaps Centroid can suggest a PLC-and-macro package that has been tested and verified.
Centroid_Tech

Post by Centroid_Tech »

What schematic are you following as based on Centroid's database, a schematic with filename S14471 was shipped out with your control and that schematic doesn't have any wiring for a tool changer?

There was a point in which Centroid standardized all of the inputs and outputs on a system. That means that all of the schematics and PLC programs followed that standard. I have checked the current umbrella PLC program for an ALLIN1DC and it does appear that even though the custom macros are setting the correct PLC bit to turn the appropriate output on/off, the custom macros were not looking at the correct input states. Attached are the most up-to-date PLC program, macros, and schematic for an ALLIN1DC system with an umbrella tool changer.

It looks like you may have a mixture of different files from different versions of the PLC program as there are files in your report that are not included in the umbrella ALLIN1DC PLC program. Looking at this report, I see that you compiled your own PLC program. What I would recommend doing is making sure that the input and output definitions in your PLC program match what you have physically wired. I would also go through the custom macros to make sure that they are calling out the correct M94/M95 bit in the PLC program and that the custom macros are looking at the correct inputs.

I will use the custom M19, mfunc19.mac, as an example. It's calling out an M19 with the M94/11 but the PLC program is using the SV_M94_M95_19 as the bit associated with the M19. That means in the custom M19, change the M94/11 to M94/19. The custom M19 is looking at the state of input 18, 50018, which is the OrientComplete signal and the PLC program has that signal correctly defined as input 18 but on the files that I have loaded which follow the I/O standard, it's now defined onto input 17 so the 50018 would be replaced with 50017. I hope this clears this up.
Attachments
S14817.r3.pdf
(479.35 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
plcmsg.txt
(3.37 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
mfunc81.mac
(641 Bytes) Downloaded 122 times
mfunc80.mac
(636 Bytes) Downloaded 130 times
mfunc19.mac
(1.16 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
mfunc18.mac
(330 Bytes) Downloaded 133 times
mfunc15.mac
(606 Bytes) Downloaded 132 times
mfunc6.mac
(4.77 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
cncxmsg.txt
(153 Bytes) Downloaded 123 times
cncmcfg.xml
(7.91 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
cncm.prm.xml
(37.25 KiB) Downloaded 126 times
allin1dc-umbrella-v7.src
(114.39 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
When requesting support, please ALWAYS post a current report. Find out how to take a report from your Acorn, CNC11 or CNC10 system here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

If your question is PLC, Macro or program related, please also post a copy of the program or macro as well.

Without the above information we may not be able to help and/or reply until the required information is posted..
dandonegan
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900460
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by dandonegan »

Thanks for the information Mario,

I would like to have my machine be as standard as possible. It appears that the only wiring differences between the drawing that you sent me and my original is on the add16 IO board. If I rewire that to match the new drawing and then replace the files on my machine with the ones that you sent should everything work okay?

I would love my machine to be just a regular old boring machine wired and programmed like the factory would do.

Thanks again for all of your help.

dan
Attachments
report.zip
(3.99 MiB) Downloaded 119 times