**RESOLVED** position error no jog keys

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

rigidram

**RESOLVED** position error no jog keys

Post by rigidram »

installed your dc3io, mpu11 kit along with your servo pc, bridgecap,(3) prewire, 3 encoders, 3 brand new MTS30m4-59 motors, Im having problems with the servo drive. first off the jog keys will not work, ( tries 3 keyboards ps2 and usb) cant go from inc to absolute, .001,.01, slow /fast jog,etc wont work in the pop up jog panel. secondly besides not being able to jog, will not home upon start up, cant do a motor tune or nothing The motors come on for a split second then throw the position error codes 410, stall 323. I have been over this machine 7 days now checking and rechecking everything in all manuals and tech bullitens, did the encoder thing in pid manually spun the motors 10 revolutions (80000 counts)and almost dead on 1" with a 2 to 1 ratio belting.so the feedback is working and the dro's line up with the axis's. The led lite is a steady 1 and not flashing everything else is lit properly DF lite comes on the same time estop contactor and mpu11 transmits all other lights are on including the slow flashing debug, should the LED be lit 0? all is wired as per instructions. wanted to do hard stop homing 187 par +16000? encoders and bus drive parameters set 1,2,3
par 178 set to 3 wont work had to jump the lube and spin. so the 18 and 25 green light would come on in the I/O screen limit switches correct with 6 green lights. 11 green until estop then red what about 12 its red all the time? Anyway Your help is always appriciated. I read your tech bulliten on the mt30 -59 series motors and once im able to jog home and autotune I will make the corrections to the values as posted in the tech bullitins thanx.

ps all motor pid parameters are factory set with the intension of running auto tune which i cant do. there is no value in kg kv1 and ka all 0 (factory default) idont know if that has something to do with the motor current not being right to at least auto tune them for the correct values.
rigidram

Re: position error no jog keys

Post by rigidram »

Tried the direction reversal in the motor config. didnt work finally swapped the +and - motor leads it worked. I did autotune and x and z seem high on the idle current is there any way to adjust idle current to reflect in the load meters. are all load meters just suppose to be a short green line. the Z jumps up and down about 1/2 range on the load meter, and they buzz. still have the keyboard problems. hey at least im making some progress.
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Hi ,

It sounds like your KD may need to be adjusted.

When Kd is too low, you will get oscillations that are slower, back and forth like. When Kd is too high the oscillations are much faster and more violent -more like bang-bang-bang

Try increasing your Kd by 25% -if it improves it ... keep going up by 25% as it continues to improve it. As you get closer to a value that is too high you'll notice that the motors will start to "sing" while holding -a little noise is normal but as you go higher it will get higher pitch and you may notice that the .0001 digit on the DRO will dither a tenth or two. If get there, just back it down a bit (10-25%)

If it's already too high when you start, just do the opposite of the above, reducing Kd by 25% each step.
rigidram

Post by rigidram »

Scott, the default value for Kd was 15 on all axis's I ended up going way down in value the x is 3 the y is 2.5 and the z is 2.25 all motors at idle level out and sound great. there is no noise at idle. now I can exert hand pressure on the table and z axis then load meters come up a touch and the motors gargle a bit to correct idle or hold. these motors are mts -59 series sem and as stated in your bulletin produce higher tourque with little current. didnt mean to have a split topic and add the jog key problem, didnt know if they were interelated to a parameter or setting. I will make a new post for the jog key function.thanks for your help