Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Can't enable ClearPath Servos via C86ACCP Sotware enable

Post by beatified »

I have an Acorn Board with C86ACCP to drive my ClearPath Servos. I have my C86ACCP set to use Nofault, Drive OK, and Software Enable.

Everything was working fine but I believe I got a metal chip that shorted something out. I have since put everything in a proper Electrical Box and am still having problems.

In testing I switched the C86ACCP to Hardware enable and this has circumvented the problem but obviously this isn't ideal.

Can anyone give me some direction on what direction to go in my troubleshooting?

My feeling is that possibly what ever transistor or what ever switching component there is on the Acorn board to enable the axis possibly got damaged and is no longer putting out the proper voltages. I believe this because I am assuming that the C86ACCP sources its 24V enable from the C86ACCP when set to hardware and when the C86ACCP is in software config it sources its 24V enable voltage from the Acorn Board.
I don't know this for sure it just seems to make sense to me.

Pictures of my configuration.
https://imgur.com/a/FqEXUeH

Any help would be appreciated.
Stuart
Fastest1
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Re: Can't enable ClearPath Servos via C86ACCP Sotware enable

Post by Fastest1 »

Are you referring to the hard/soft jumpers on the C86ACCP. My understanding and I could very well be wrong, is those are for homing against a hard stop or a software limit.
1st Acorn project. G0704/BDTools/Hoss Conversion De"maching"
Leadshine MX 3660
Repurposed above Acorn (#194) and an Ethernet 1616 to a UMC-10 with an 8 position tool changer.
CNC12 Pro/Digitizing ver 4.64 (1/31/2022)
avp
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: E062346A1C67-0716214939
CNC12: Yes

Re: Can't enable ClearPath Servos via C86ACCP Sotware enable

Post by avp »

Hello Stuart,
I have a very similar setup. I am not sure what caused your issue but I do have a question for you. I see in your photos that input 5 in lit up green. Mine is configured the same way and I cannot get the input 5 to go green upon enable but everything is enabled and works, however if a drive faults it does not send this to the acorn board and trigger an estop. I also can't set input 5 to NC because if I do that as soon as I jog I get the drive fault. I can't figure out how to get this to work properly. I have another post about this out there but I have not had many responses about it.
Bill