CNC Control System Serial Number: 0008DC111213-1005220061
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

weird issues with AcornSix Controller

Post by RC-Lights »

hi,

i have some weird issues with my AcornSix System and i have no idea, what to do. maybe someone of you can help.

i bought the system nearly one year ago, checked a few things, how the work and then put it away, while the rest of the machine is under construction.

now my cabinet is nearly done and i started to work with Acorn again. I did everything like in the manual. first weird thing is, that the new PC configuration App is not working on my system. One year ago i did all the settings manual and it worked. now i want to check it with the new app, but the app closed without any message at the first checkpoint.

i use this computer:

intel i5, 8gb ram, 240gb SSD, clean installation, no internet connection, no other programs, win 10.

okay, i didn´t matter, because i know, i did the configuration carefully last year. so i go on, stresstest was fine, spindelbenchtest as well, everything perfect. E-Stop is working, fine. But then i gave an example program a try, without any drive or spindle connected and i had some graphic issues in the running window.
IMG_20231123_171241.jpg
okay, maybe an issue with my computer, maybe i have to give it a fresh install of windows later.

but the next things are really weird.

after succesfull benchtest i added the wiring for the spindle. i use a 4KW Servo motor, add the analog input, add the alarm wire to input 1, add some outputs for Servo-Enable and Rotation direction. and it worked fine. after it, i decided to make it again for cleaning the wiring up with some labels and so on. after it, i could not control the Servo-Speed anymore. The output voltage on the analog output of Acorn was always 0,3V, no matter what speed i set in the control. i checked everything twice, i couldn´t find any mistake. i did the spindletest again without the wires to the Servo, output is perfect from 0-10V. but when i plug in the servowires again, always 0.3V output. my assumption in first was, that i messep up with the new wiring, but everything was exacly the same like the first time. in next step i went for a lunch brake. after it, i tried it again and now everything works, i didn´t changed anything, only wait maybe one hour. i cannot understand that.

well, not everything works. The input signal for Spindle alarm makes trouble. i put the spindle-alarm wire to input 1, gave +24V from an external power supply to the com port and thats it. but when i set the input in the Acorn Wizzard, i have to change the state from "normal closed" to "normal open". i save this in the wizzard, do a powercylce to acorn and restart CNC12 after it. i directly get an error "Spindle fault". when i go to the wizzard again, i see, that the state of input one is now "normal closed" again. I tried to change it several times, but it always switches back to "normal open". and sometimes, when i check the PLC Diagnostic, the input 1 is forced to be activated. but i didn´t do that by my self for sure.

i add a report file as an attachment, maybe it helps. i have really no idea what to do next.

Thanks in Advance,
Michael
Attachments
report_0008DC111213-1005220061_2023-11-25_17-27-04.zip
(826.09 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
suntravel
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 6433DB0446C1-08115074

Re: weird issues with AcornSix Controller

Post by suntravel »

The graphics issue is solved in the latest beta version 5.07R15.

Uwe
RC-Lights

Post by RC-Lights »

Hi Uwe,

Great to see, that the issue with the grafik-error is know and will bei gone in next Version of CNC12.

But one question is still open. As far As a SpindleOK is defined to any input, after a reboot exactly that input is forced to be activated in the PLC Diagnostic (Green Point with a White line above it). It doesnt matter which input i choose or which wire i connect to which Port, even without wires i got the error message "Spindle Fault" after StartUp.

Any idea how to solve that?

Best regards
Michael
suntravel
CNC Control System Serial Number: 6433DB0446C1-08115074

Post by suntravel »

Hi Michael,

I have no clue, since this worked for me in all versions...

Maybe try the last software version and hopefully this is solved.

Uwe
tblough
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

Have you tried un-inverting it on the diagnostics screen?
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
RC-Lights

Post by RC-Lights »

hi Uwe,

thanks. i guess, i have the latest software version ? I use 5.06. 5.07 is a beta, right ? But i can give it a try.

hi Tom,

today i read carefully again the PLC Diagnostic-Manual and found a mistake by myself. the line above the input - dot is not a forced input, its the sign for the inversion. this was a missunderstanding from my side. but nevertheless, is that usual, that the input gets inverted in PLC diagnostic Menu, when i change it from normaly closed to normaly open in the wizzard ?

i tried it again. When i have the input to normaly closed, i got the error message, because of there is no alarm-signal and this i understand. when i switch to normaly open, i got the error message while the input is inverted. i can understand the error, but not, why the input is inverted. when i force the input to a state, than i can work with the spindle, but of course, this is not the way how to work with.

i tried also to uninvert the input. but when you have a spindle fault, the only way to remove that error is a restart of CNC12, right ? and after that, the manual re-invertation is gone and it is like before.

the thing i not understand - at the beginning of my wiring process it worked like it should. but after reconnect everything with new wires i had the issues.

the next thing i will try is a clean CNC12 installation, at first 5.06 and if that will not work, i will try 5.07.

cheers, Michael
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

fyi beta software forum is here.
https://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic. ... 300#p81300

we are very close to a v5.08 release!
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
RC-Lights

Post by RC-Lights »

Thank you,

I delete cnc12 and install 5.06 again and now it seems to work. Tomorrow i will add the other functions and will test it in more Detail, but right know the spindle is running as planned.

Cheers Michael