CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Centroid acorn router machine build

Post by Nathcr3708 »

Hello Keith,

Please could you give me some direction. My vfd is 3kw huanyang inverter 13A and my spindle is 3kw 2400rpm 12A with this being on one circuit which at the moment I have it down as a 16A circuit in my RCD board. I'm using single phase 240vac AC input in the 🇬🇧 I just wanted to know if 16A type c with surge protection be enough for that circuit? My RCD is 40A with surge protection as said and this is one circuit from that at 16A. My acorn board and 5 PSUs and drivers and stepper motors are going on a 10A circuit and my laser pwm and lubricator and spindle cooling kit which is a pc coolant system on a 6A circuit.

As said my original question is.... is 16A for circuit one enough?
cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

maybe , probably. depends if you bury the spindle going full speed on all axes at the same time...with every accessories on full blast.
do you plan on doing that? if not, you'll be fine.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Nathcr3708
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No

Post by Nathcr3708 »

Ye maybe sometimes I may need everything on but like I said there's 3 circuits from an 40A RCD box and the 3kw vfd and 3kw spindle is on a single 16A circuit to the RCD box.
Do you not think 16A will be good enough for that?
Do you think it would be better doing 20A for the vfd and spindle circuit?
And then everything else on another 20A circuit to the vfd?
So i could do 2 circuits instead of 3? so x2 circuits 1 for just the spindle and vfd. the other for all power support units, drivers, control board, lubricant and add ons at another time.

Do you understand what I'm saying so x2 20A circuits going to an RCD box next to the machine which is linked with armoured cable to the mains consumer unit for the workshop on the otherside of my workshop but the armoured cable is connected to the mains only I.e its been spliced in a way so that it can still provide power to the RCD, so if the workshop consumer unit decides to go on me the RCD still has power, its just connected up to to the armoured cable coming into the consumer unit from the house that has its own double switch unit obviously only one for the workshop next to my mains consumer unit at the front of my house all done by an electrician so it could be signed off. It's so if the consumer unit decides to pop then I still have power but if the switch pops in the house cupboard where all electrics units are for my house switches and workshop if that pops then every unit stops in the workshop but not my house.

What amp mcb would you put the vfd and spindle on 20A?

I appreciate you getting back to me keith?

P.s if there's some bad grammar it's because im on my phone mate I hope you understand what I've said 😆
Nathcr3708

Post by Nathcr3708 »

I have figured out the wiring diagram I did not look at them correctly untill I printed them off. I thought I would need a diagram that has everything I'm putting on it I just did not know the separate diagrams for laser and stop cut off emergency switches worked with each other I thought they would be wired different to each diagram now I know they over lap each other.

Can you kindly answer my question about the 20A in stead of 16A?

Cheers mate
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

sorry i can't give this kind of advice, it is up to you to determine the proper amp ratings of wire, contactors, disconnects, relays etc..
usually the VFD manual will tell you what and how to size wire fuses/breakers etc and there are plenty of VFD videos on line.
the safety aspect of the project is up to you, im not there you are, only you can make these decisions. :-)
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
Nathcr3708

Post by Nathcr3708 »

Hi mate,

I want to put a ldr schneider contact with a thermal overload relay at the input power AC side of the vfd.
My question is how do I get that relay to also pause and freeze all systems motors, vfd, control board. I also want it setup as an Estop.
What do I need to set this up with the centroid acorn 4 board?
Other than the contact and relay with an estop mushroom what other components is needed for this?
I've got the rampage now as I did go to the manufacturer like you told me so that's all sorted.
If you can give me a schematic on what I need to do to do this I will very well appreciate it?

Kind regards,
Nathan
Nathcr3708

Post by Nathcr3708 »

If the schneider relay is not the best relay to use please advise on the best or type safety relay I should use.

Thanks,
Nath
P.s make sure you read the other message above this one.