Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Newest issue involving connection

Post by centroid467 »

I think you somehow got a dud supply so please reach out to Centroid Support email for warranty replacement.
suntravel
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 6433DB0446C1-08115074
CNC12: Yes

Post by suntravel »

goldriverww wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:55 pm Centroid467...
Thanks...
"Replace it immediately" and what does that entail?
Order/Purchase one from Centroid? I'm pretty sure Amazon or the 7-11 on the corner hasn't got one in stock.
Timeframe to receive?

Problem I'm having at this point is that old "rabbit hole" I was trying to avoid by opting for American product over replacing the original NcStudio/Weihong controller is becoming an even bigger rabbit hole.

I replace the Meanwell... but what if it has compromised the board?
I'm losing faith... in all honesty, if it wasn't for my freakin' Midwestern German stubbornness... I'd box this thing up & drop it in the dumpster before it drives me totally out of my mind!
If you are in Germany :

https://www.reichelt.de/de/de/schaltnet ... 9.html?r=1

1 day delivery .

If you are near Ennepetal, maybe I can help you.

Uwe
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

The RD-35A is a 5V/12V supply. You need a 24V output. The RD-35B is a 5V/24V supply, so that would work.

Yet another source: https://www.jameco.com/z/RD-35B-MEAN-WE ... 23380.html
goldriverww
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No

Post by goldriverww »

centroid467 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:48 pm I think you somehow got a dud supply so please reach out to Centroid Support email for warranty replacement.
Thanks... I went ahead and ordered another online... but it'll take a while to arrive.
However I can return it... ONLY good thing about buying on Amazon.
Obviously, it didn't sit well having to throw more $$$ at a NEW product, which for all intents & purposes I'm about ready to pull the plug on!
Yes... I'll try to "reach out" to C Support... but I'm not feeling as if that's going to go as well as it should either.

This entire episode has made me less than ecstatic... once again, I'm not tossing the blame on Centroid, but when you offer a product as a "DIY" item, there is an implied suggestion that, provided you aren't a complete moron, it is something that should be manageable for the average Joe with some mechanical & electrical aptitude & experience... which I thought I qualified for... :lol:
And, under normal circumstances, the Acorn is probably a viable solution... however I'm not performing a "fresh build"... I'm trying to retro-fit an older Chinese machine with 3 spindles and pneumatic cylinders operating on 2 of them. This isn't the typical 3-axis single spindle benchtop CNC scenario. I may have misled myself in believing this would be the answer.

But for what it's worth, I appreciate the help I've received to date from the folks here on the Forum... (although it's a bit sporadic and sometimes contains conflicting advice... :shock: )
goldriverww

Post by goldriverww »

cncsnw wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:38 pm The RD-35A is a 5V/12V supply. You need a 24V output. The RD-35B is a 5V/24V supply, so that would work.

Yet another source: https://www.jameco.com/z/RD-35B-MEAN-WE ... 23380.html
Thank you... I realized that upon reading the "fine print" in the specs... however that was the Meanwell product the "link" provided by one of the Forum folks provided... I noted the difference between the item numbers... and finally stopped to digest the details before I made the mistake of ordering it.

In all honesty, having heard from another participant that I had possibly received a "dud"... I went ahead & ordered a 3 output supply 24v, 12v, 5v... in another brand, figuring I'd only be using the 24v & 5v resources. If the 1st Meanwell supply was defective... why consider a chance for a repeat performance (IMHO).
Thanks
centroid467
Acorn CNC Controller: No

Post by centroid467 »

Oh man, sorry about posting a link to the wrong item. I must have read that listing too fast and should have double checked. Glad you caught it before ordering.

The Acorn only takes 24V input so there is not much use for the other channels. It is not recommended to use the Acorn power supply for other components.
goldriverww

Post by goldriverww »

centroid467 wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:10 am Oh man, sorry about posting a link to the wrong item. I must have read that listing too fast and should have double checked. Glad you caught it before ordering.

The Acorn only takes 24V input so there is not much use for the other channels. It is not recommended to use the Acorn power supply for other components.
Thanks... gotcha.
Yeah, if there's ONE thing I've learned on this "adventure" (which I'm pulling the plug on), it's to double & triple check everything I see, read, or hear... :lol:
In all honesty (once again), I've completely lost faith in the likelihood I'll be able to utilize the Acorn system... and at this point, even if by some miraculous occurrence, I walked out into my shop & the machine was up & running, it would take a long time before I was able to trust it.
I'm sure the system is great for some applications such as "fresh builds", but as I've stated, I'm not confident it's worth the time & trouble to navigate the rough water in order to make it work for me.
centroid467
Acorn CNC Controller: No

Post by centroid467 »

Honestly, I am not sure you have that much rough water left to cross with this system. If the malfunctioning power supply did not damage the Acorn then you are not far from making the motors spin and configuring the control. I know it can be frustrating but you are so close to getting up and running and I'd hate for you to give up over something like a dud logic power supply.

Again, please contact Centroid Support via phone or email to get an RMA number so we can send you a new power supply under warranty.
goldriverww

Post by goldriverww »

centroid467 wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:48 pm I think you somehow got a dud supply so please reach out to Centroid Support email for warranty replacement.
Thanks... and how does one go about doing that?
I've searched the centroid homepage and there doesn't seem to be any link for return or warranty items OR phone numbers...
I took a few days off from this "escapade" to make an attempt at regaining my sanity... but I'll try again.
Last edited by goldriverww on Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cnckeith
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cnckeith »

goldriverww wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:04 pm
Thanks... and how does one go about doing that?
I've searched the centroid homepage and there doesn't seem to be any link for return or warranty items... I took a few days off from this "escapade" to make an attempt at regaining my sanity... but I'll try again.

support@centroidcnc.com

if you are in Europe, it would be faster and cheaper if you buy a 24 VDC power supply 'locally'. no expensive shipping for such a low cost item, no duties etc.

i'll give you credit for the original meanwell in your next order.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html