Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Attaching/affixing Acorn components in a cabinet

Post by ShawnM »

Yup, I had the current VFD wiring figured out from your pic with just the four connections you had, those were obvious looking at the terminal labels.

BUT, without a manual you wont be able to program the fault and reset if those matter to you. Clearly the VFD will operate without those programmed because it was operating before but it's not the smartest way to operate a VFD. But that's typical for a lot of Chinese machines. Hell, they don't even ground anything sometimes. :o
goldriverww
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by goldriverww »

Thanks again Buddy... I've emailed the people who put out the POS VFD... but I'm not hopeful to get anything in response.

That's ONE thing the Chinese are consistent in... being M.I.A. unless they think they can squeak an extra buck (yen) outta ya.

Case in point... the "International" Sales Rep (Frank... yeah right) finally got back to me (yesterday) re: the NcStudio system...
saying "so sorry could not help... please contact if you want new system"... you betcha "Frank"...
That came almost 3 weeks after my 1st request for info on their controller and was only a repeat of what he'd sent 1-1/2 weeks ago.

Hell... YOU guys have been helpful from the get-go (surprised you haven't blacklisted me yet! :shock: )

But I have to tell ya... the DIY sales angle on the Acorn system makes it seem easier that what it ends up being... however, YES... I'm fully aware that my scenario isn't all that typical!

Anything you or anyone else can add re: the terminal blocks and what may be useful applications for them would be appreciated.

In all honesty, I'm not too sure what might be applicable... most of the peripheral's link to the Acorn or the Relay Boards...

Let's see... I've got the 4 servo drives, the VFD... working on the E-Stop...

Guess figuring out the solenoids for pneumatic cylinders (2) & controlling spindles 1 & 3will come into play at some point.

Just curious... how do I address the Mechanical Home, (those 3 X,Y,Z sensors) and the Z- zero sensor for calibration of Z-start height?

Guess I'll head out to the barn, and see what else I can screw up! haha
Thanks again.
Last edited by goldriverww on Sat Oct 07, 2023 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
suntravel
CNC Control System Serial Number: 6433DB0446C1-08115074

Post by suntravel »

goldriverww wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:58 pm Thanks again Buddy... I've emailed the people who put out the POS VFD... but I'm not hopeful to get anything in response.

That's ONE thing the Chinese are consistent in... being M.I.A. unless they think they can squeak an extra buck (yen) outta ya.

only if you get the stuff from cheap resellers.

I have excellent experience with JMC, Stepperonline, Aikron and Ditron, Responsetime between seconds or 2h.

Uwe
goldriverww

Post by goldriverww »

Point well taken suntravel..
Believe me... if I wasn't "married" to the system that was onboard when I purchased the USED machine, I wouldn't be thinking that.

Which is why I'm here burning up daylight on the Centroid Forum... because I wanted to get away from the "rabbit hole" I was headed down while trying to get the original system to function. It was an OLD system running on Windows XP Pro (exclusively) and I threw on the brakes after 2 weeks of trying to get answers from Weihong, replacing hard drives, updating (supposedly) software, and finally buying another complete Desktop Tower with Windows XP Pro and a snappy 17" square monitor! (which I returned).
Figured it was time to stop the bleeding... decided on Acorn and a reconditioned Windows 10 upgraded system with a 24" monitor... which hopefully, I'll be able to use soon! :lol: :roll:
It's been less than a joyride so far... but I wouldn't be anywhere nearly as far along as I am without the loving & patient support of the peeps here on the forum! :P
ShawnM
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Post by ShawnM »

goldriverww wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:58 pm That's ONE thing the Chinese are consistent in... being M.I.A. unless they think they can squeak an extra buck (yen) outta ya.
To second what Uwe stated, the fiber laser we just bought and imported from China at the beginning of the year came with great tech support. They are a +12 hour time difference from me here in Florida and I chat with their tech support in a 4 hour window via WhatsApp any day during the week. Video or simple texting. They speak really good broken English........way better than I can speak Mandarin. :mrgreen:

Early on I also bought drivers from Stepper Online drives for a customer and he's had great support from them.

It just depends on the company I guess.
goldriverww

Post by goldriverww »

Okay... You guys win!
I've purchased a bunch of stuff from China... (Alibaba) for my woodworking/craft biz...
Perhaps I was just "venting" because the guy ("FRANK") really frosted my A$$ with his lack of any semblance of prioritizing.

Aside from the time difference and the learning curve in communication (which is NOT a slight! their English is MUCH better than my Chinese)... I've had relatively good luck with them! MY BAD! :lol: :cry:
Well... with exception of the new Vacuum Pump I purchased 5 weeks ago... (which was supposed to be delivered in 16 days). The pump showed up this week... and I'm still waiting on another carton with the muffler/silencer, pressure relief valve & gauge, and infeed air filter... oh well... it's not like they're holding up production! :lol:

In fact... I had already ordered a Chinese 4 x 10 CNC with ATC and all the bells & whistles... I only picked up this used boat anchor because I thought I could use it while the 2-3 delivery on the new machine.
I back-burnered THAT transaction because the control system on their machines is...
You guessed it... Weihong/NcStudio.
The price was, let's say... "better" than the machines I was looking at in Las Vegas at the Woodworking show a month or so ago... and those machines were supposedly "Made in USA"... but they were only PARTIALLY assembled in the USA.

Okay... I feel better now! :roll: :D
Attachments
Vac Pump Pic.jpg
goldriverww

Post by goldriverww »

Hey Shawn...
you mentioned:
H8 which is the 0-10 analog out to control the speed of the spindle, will wire to your VFD where the red and green wires are. Red on your VFD is the AN GND and green on your VFD is the AN OUT. That is a 0-10v input for speed control. I can't see what they have your VFD labeled as because the green wire is in the way. But the red wire will be the analog common from the Acorn.
Behind the green wire it is a labeled FV next to the COM (red)... not to mention next to the green (FV) is a 10V slot... which I said earlier I hadn't seen... however since it's vacant, I guess the point is moot.

So at this point... I've essentially got 2 YELLOW leads from the relay board leading to the VFD top left corner spots... and the RED & GREEN wires leading from H8 to the VFD positions: FV and COM...?

Man... I've been getting dizzy looking at all that spaghetti and all I've had to worry about was 4 freakin wires? :lol:

Of course, I still have to wire up the Servo cables and plug them in... then there is addressing the sensor lead locations...
RELAYS? or TERMINAL BOARDS?

As it stands... I've got a boatload of empty relays... USING 2 out of 8 unless I've misunderstood AGAIN!