Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

ATC Bug M6 Macro issue <resolved>

Post by Dbean »

If there's already a post for this please point me there.

I really hope this makes cents.... ;)
My machine is setup and using the rack mount ATC using Holes. My tool library isn't updating properly with the right tool bin when doing a T01 M6. If I use the Menu (Setup->ATC) button it works fine. It will mess up in a program and MDI. It seems to be the macro but I'm not an expert with macros on this controller. I've included my M6 macro for reference. It will update the Para. #976 with where it pulled the tool from. Problem is it updates the tool library bin with what ever tool is called next. So if I want T0303 in Bin 003 it will get it and then I need T0404 in bin 004 it will get it but will add T0303 to the same bin (004). It will work so long as I don't want the same tool again later. Here's a better example:
T01 B001
T02 B002
T03 B003
I can call and retrieve all these tools in any order but when I need to reuse a tool the bin #s are behind
Call T01 -> T02 -> T03
The bin #s now will be as follows:
T01 B002
T02 B003
T03 B001

It seems to me the library bin is being updated with the bin# that is next called and not where it was put.

Any help would be great!
Attachments
report_E06234830BF4-0624226370_2023-09-28_15-02-14.zip
(899.51 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
mfunc6.mac
(10.29 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Allin1Chris
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: ATC Bug M6 Macro issue

Post by Allin1Chris »

Hello!

This does appear to be an issue, It looks like the cause is possibly lookahead reaching the end of the M6 macro and assigning putback for the bin before it was updated by P976 and PLC.

Attached, i have a modified M6 that should correct this issue for you. Will of course also be included in the next revisions of the software. To Install, simply place it in your C:\cncm directory and overwrite the current mfunc6.mac file.

You may want to set "using custom M6" macro in the wizard otherwise the wizard may blow away my changes for the time being as well.

Let me know if this corrects your issue.
Attachments
mfunc6.mac
(10.46 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)

Centroid PLC Tutorial Videos
Dbean
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: ATC Bug M6 Macro issue

Post by Dbean »

Thanks so much. I’ve updated my macro with the one you shared. It’s been working smooth for the past two days.